Thread: Sometimes when I call up Word - [FIXED]

Sometimes when I call up Word - [FIXED]

the cursor will be positioned top left of page, you know, about 1" or 1.25" down from the top of the page--as I look at the monitor. Then another time it will be (again looking at the monitor) still at the left of the page, but now at the very top of the page.

The printed result (on the printer paper) always starts where it should--about 1-1.25 down from the top edge.

My son in Germany writes (when I asked him): "Yes and if you can bloody find out how to fix it, I would be very grateful. I have this problem fairly often although not always and it bugs me, but I have no idea how to fix it! I do that by accessing "View > Show Header" and closing it; it puts it back right, but that's a damn nuisance.

Has someone a permanent fix?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

There is a very easy fix for this problem, what you have to do is move you cursor to the top or bottom of the page and move your cursor around the very top edge of the page until it turns from a pointer to something that looks like two arrows pointing in opposite directions. There will be a little pop up under the cursor that says show white space. You can use this same trick to colapse the with space again.

This is how it works in Office 2003, that is what I assume you are using.

beelzebub...but does it STAY fixed?

I went to try it out, but damn old Word 2002 (what I have) decided all on its own to position the cursor where it was programmed to do on call-up. So I'll try your suggestion the next time Word puts the cursor at the very top of the page.

Actuallly, I got curious enough to see if when the cursor had automataically been correctly placed on call-up, I could drag it around. It won't drag...period!!

But I do appreciate your effort to help!

I forgot to mention you have to click when you get the new cursor sorry about that.

Haha I knew what I was trying to write, I guess my fingers didnt.

Edit: To make sure that you can see the white space between pages by default go into the Tools Menu then click options at the bottom in the options dialogue in the view tab look at the bottom where it says print and web layout options then click the check box that says view white space between pages. Checked means you can see the white space unchecked means the opposite.
    Last edited by beelzebub; August 7th, 2006 at 04:58 AM.