Thread: PCLinuxOS Junior is out.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

PCLinuxOS Junior is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Texstar
    PCLinuxOS 0.93a Junior is our next step up from MiniMe. As you know MiniMe comes with just a basic desktop allowing full user customization.

PCLinuxOS 0.93a Junior is a self booting Live CD with advanced hardware detection. In addition to running Junior in Live CD mode, you can also install it to your computer. Easy to follow instructions are included on the Live CD as well as a chat channel for instant help.

Junior comes with a set of pre-selected programs for Web Browsing, Email, Instant Messaging, Blogging, IRC chat, Music, Graphics, Video (additional software required for encrypted DVD playback and proprietary formats), Digital Camera, Games, Ftp, Bit torrent transfer, CD/DVD burning and more.

If you are first time Linux user or someone migrating from Windows then PCLinuxOS 0.93a Junior is a great way to get started using Linux. After installing PCLinuxOS to your computer, you can access an additional 5000 programs and libraries from our software repository.

http://www.pclinuxos.com/page.php?7

Note: If you have already installed MiniMe and have it up and runnning, you do not need to download and re-install Junior.
    PCLinuxOS is my Distro of choice, easy, fast, stable, no bloat !

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Here is a video of it in action

http://osvids.com/vids/0011/vid_0011.html

One thing I've not been able to establish yet - if it's run off a CD, can new programs/files be saved/installed to my Windows hard disk, or is this partition invisible to Linux?