Thread: Outlook Express

Outlook Express

Hello

I have my own desktop and my daughter laptop connected with wi-fi. I use a single usp to provide us both with email using [email protected] and [email protected]. I am trying without success to set things up so that x email only goes to x computer and y email only goes to y. Any ideas? Using Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 and XP home SP2

Mike Lally
    Last edited by mikelally; August 23rd, 2006 at 16:09 PM.

can you please be more specific? For example, is the USB a connection between the wifi router and a mail server. And are you using separate profiles in Outlook? And are those email addresses from a site like Hotmail or are they on your own server? Is your computer using the wifi connection or something else? Things like that.

Hi Beezlebub

I use two computers both linked to the internet through a router. The main computer connected to the router by cable, the laptop connected by wireless. This setup works fine with both computers able to acces the internet and email. I use one ISP for all emails xxx.com and I use either [email protected] or [email protected]. I,ve been trying to find a way to make all x emails show up on x computer only and all y emails show up only on y computer. I can get it so that I can see all emails on both computers but I don't seem to be able to get them to seperate out. I only use default profiles on each computer and I don't have any hotmail accounts either. I think it is just a question of correctly configuring outlook express on both computers but I have been unable to find a way that works

Hope this answers your questions

Mike Lally

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/.../oe/setup.mspx

Go to the part that tells you how to add email accounts. You will need to know what email protocol your isps email server uses. I am guessing you already do, because you have email comming in already. I dont really understand how you got both email accounts set up at the same time on the same computer, theroetically you should have gone through the add email account process twice for both x and y on both computes.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/.../oe/setup.mspx
    go here to learn how to delete an email account from outlook

Hi Beelzebub

I'm OK with setting up and deleting the email accounts. For both accounts it is the same isp, same username, password etc the only difference between the two accounts being either [email protected] or [email protected] it seems that OE does not differentiate between this x or y part of the email address. Whichever computer I use to send/receive - by clicking send/receive drop-down and clicking our own account name - both sets of emails are still downloaded. The xxx part is common for both addresses is this a problem.

Thanks for your continued help

Mike Lally