Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GetRawInputDeviceInfoW could not be located in user32.dll

Unhappy GetRawInputDeviceInfoW could not be located in user32.dll

Hi to all:

I have previous seen that many people have this problem too. Firts of all sorry for my english, im mexican and i have windows 2000 pro in spanish.

The error that i have is the next:

" the procedure entry point GetRawInputDeviceInfoW could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.32.dll."

This happends when i try to run rometw or when dxdiag is scanning.

I run windows update and i have sp4 and directx 9c, and my video card drivers are updated too.

What should i do in order to fix this error, please help me.

::: dxdiag give me that information:

DirectInput Devices
    -------------------
    Poll w/ Interrupt: No
    Registry: Errors found
    Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{25E609E4-B259-11CF-BFC7-444553540000}\InProcServer32' is missing.
    Key 'HKCR\CLSID\{25E609E4-B259-11CF-BFC7-444553540000}\InProcServer32' is missing.

GetRawInputDeviceInfoW could not be located in user32.dll

Hi Alanjune,

To correct the situation.
    Use this tool (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4347.html) to roll DX back to a previous version.
    Then, simply reinstall 9.0c
    This should do the trick.

Don't worry, There's hope yet!

July 17, 2008

Thanks for reading my post.

I'm posting on this thread because I am having the same problem than alanjune had. Tried the solution described above by Elder, but Happy DX uninstall failed to work on my win2k sp4 machine. So it made no sense to attempt yet another directx re-install. I read the read.me, and made sure TEMP and TMP were on C: and find.exe was at Winnt\system32. After a manual reboot, DX was not removed. A few more details may help:

A major system failue 3 weeks ago forced me to do a major repair, a system state backup, plus another repair. Also used a registry fixer after I got the system back up. I may have removed two important registry entries, the same as those posted above by alanjune.

All programs work, including two old dos programs, except Real Flight, a RC flight simulator (falls into the "game" category).

I get the same error message when I try to start the simulator (game), and when I run dxdiag.exe: The procedure entry point GetRawInputDeviceInfoW could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll

The diagnostic info, regarding two missing registry keys, from dxdiag.exe is exactly the same as that posted above by alanjune.

I tried a new install today of directx 9.0c and dxdiag shows that all files required are present. All sound and display tests work fine, except for the two missing registry keys described by alanjune.

PC diagnostics done in Avanquest system suite 8 show all hardware is working OK

I tried several different versions of user32.dll at the location C:|WINNT\System32, and none resolved the problem. Currently a user32.dll version dated and sized 03/06/2007 and 381,200 respectively, is in place. I have two other versions, 06/19/2003 403,216 and 04/21/2005 419,600 that could be tried.

Registry and disk have been defragged, and display, sound and system runs very fast and appears clean in all other respects. Can play a CD move fine.

Have run out of ideas to repair this probelm, and would appreciate suggestions for new solution paths.

My best, Peter, Nederland, Colorado

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    So does the simulator run and give the error or does it just give the error and will not run?

Thanks for your quest, rik

The simulator gives the error and will not run.

The same error message occurrs when I run dxdiag.exe.

The Real Flight Tech support said it was not a problem with their application, but rather, was a problem with the win2k system files. The fact that it occurrs when dxdiag.exe is run, supports their diagnosis.

I forgot to mention above that I have completed a successful scannow, which seemed to replace "most or all" dlls that might have been damaged or missing due to the major system failue (my first in 9 years) that occurred about 3 to 4 weeks ago.

Am ready to try any suggestions, and report back the results here.

My best, Peter

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    have you tried reinstalling the latest service pack or reinstall directx for win2k. You can find it here http://www.soft32.com/download_252.html

Tks phishhead,

I did re-install directx 9.0c. The problem remained. I did not reinstall service pack 4 for windows 2000 Pro.

Should I reinstall service pack 4, and then do another reinstall of directx 9.0c?

Tks, Peter

rik, psishead and others, this problem persists and is the toughest bug I've ever encountered.

I appologize for picking up this thread again some 7 months later. I still have not solved my getrawinputdeviceinflow error message described above. Here is the current status of the unsolved problem:

Both the game (Realflight Simulator) and Dxdiag.exe produce the same error message when run. "The device entry point getrawinputdeviceinflow could not be located in the dynamic library user32.dll." I would like to first eliminate this error message when running dxdiag.exe (and then see in the game will run ok). I believe that if dxdiag would do a complete run with no error messages, the game will run fine. The game developers said they did not believe the problem was with the game.

When I examine the input tab, after running dixdiag.exe, there are two listed problems from dxdiag.exe. I then save the detailed text. A registry key is described as missing. And dxdiag.exe says that no input devices were found, eventhough the game controller box is plugged into a USB port, and a light on the controller box is flashing, suggesting it is ready.

Here are the things I've tried so far to fix the bug:

1) I tried once again replacing d3d8thk.dll with a techzone downloaded version called d3d8thk.w2k, and renaming it. That did not work.

2) Tried re-installing Direct-X 9.0c. No luck, error message the same.

3) Downloaded the Direct X update posted above by phishead, and installed it, no luck.

4) Checked the event viewer, and nothing is listed when dxdiag.exe displays the error message.

5) Have not re-installed the last service pack for Win2k pro, because System Summary shows that I have Service Pack 4 build 2195 already installed, and a scannow was run to be sure all dlls are OK as described above. Did try to do this, but got a message saying that the service pack was already installed, and the MS version would not re-install. However, this is still an option, but am a bit reluctant to do it because all security patches will have to be reinstalled, perhaps a hundred. If you can think of any less invasive fixes to try before this service pack re-install, would prefer to do them first.

6) One thing I can think of, is to manually insert the registry key that is described as missing. Would like to have your input on how to do this before I try it; I have edited registry entries before, but never have inserted a complete key. Here is the key that dxdiag says is missing:

'HKCR\CLSID\{25E609E4-B259-11CF-BFC7-4445535400000}InProcServer32'

7) If you have another other ideas to try, will work with you. Was busy when we last worked together on this, but now have the time to keep going.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Peter
    Nederland, Colorado

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Phoon, actually unistalling the Service Pack and re-installing I think is your best bet. The reason for this is that it will unninstall a lot of stuff (and brake a lot of stuff as well), so then you will get to install updates in order again. You will have to install SP4, and then a lot of updates (I think they are 56, plus the .Net framework), and then DirectX again.
    It should take about a couple of days if you can do with the downtime of that PC, but there is a high change that will fix it.

OK, Dehchbad25, I am ready to move on your suggestion. Before I start, could you help me with these points:

1) Should I uninstall directx 9.0c first? If so, what is the best way to do this? I tried the directx 9.0c uninstaller posted by Elder above at majorgeeks.com, but it did not work. Can you suggest another method to uninstall directx 9.0?

2) What is the best way to uninstall win2k SP4? I have cleaned this computer, and eliminated all extraneous modules from previous instalations, so I am not sure how to proceed here. Your suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks, Peter

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    By now I would have formatted and reinstalled the OS!

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    ....you would have been done by now.

rik and Piper:

Sorry,

Cannot reinstall. Have too many legacy programs without the means of reinstalation.

In my next computer build, will place all programs on a separate drive from the drive my OS is installed on.

For now, can you fellows suggest another solution path, or am I at a dead end?

Would like to try to re-install SP4, but how do I do this?

Any chance that replacing the registry key would work? If so, can you describe procedure?

Thanks, Peter

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    peter,
    Did you ever get this resolved? If you did, how did you do it?