Thread: Theming Ubuntu

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Post Theming Ubuntu

Since it’s release the default Human theme in Ubuntu has made raise more than a single eyebrown.

Teenage Tantrums somewhat started the most recent hype in Ubuntu customization, going blue. Soon followed by Brent Ross’s post.

Now the former has hit again, and entertained us with his Ubuntu/Vista mock-up, he has called itVUbuntu (Vista+Ubuntu), adopting a set of icons, colors and GTK theme to mimic one of the newer themes of Windows Vista (as seen in betas and RC).
    The Source Of Ubuntu Themes

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    never understood why people theme OS's to look like other OS's. mainly the xp themes to make them look like MACs. I mean if you want it to look like a mac then load os10 on it.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I leave mine stock. I mean sometimes it's cool to try a different theme, but when it gets in the way of productivity, or makes your system unstable, that's where I draw the line.

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    PCLinux along with other's I'm sure have some desktop features that are window blind like eye candy.Plus you can have more than one desktop to look at.I like the clock face widget and the weather report.I guess it all depends how bored you are or how creative you can be.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I like theming, but I don't like to spend a lot of time on it
    Also, I tend to go back to classic mode in order to use less resources. At this moment my PC is using 1.1GB even though I have the advance settings set for performance (no effects whatsoever)
    It makes sense since firefox is taking 127MB and ie 125