Thread: Slide show for my web site

Slide show for my web site

I'd like to have a slide show for my web site that doesn't take up too much bandwidth.

I use Front Page and once I had experimented with the one offered in that but my host sucked so it never worked except from my computer when I tested it.

Now I can't find the "Insert this component" thingy that I had before and the sites that show me how to do the code warn about using too many files.

I'd like to find some code that just goes to a folder, grabs the pic, displays it for a set amount of time, and then goes to the folder to get the next pic.

Did I make any sense?

Thanks.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Something like that.. Cool. These ar ethe kind of sites I usually find when I'm playing with my websites but I couldn't get the right Google results.

I just took some words from your link and Googled to find some more ideas.

Thanks.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Another thing I heard about while reading "Smart Computing" the other day was that the XP Power toys have a free, and basic slideshow maker for websites as it generates the HTML for you. It also allows you to burn your slideshow to CD as well:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Color Control Panel Applet
    Professional-level photographers and designers know that getting consistent, accurate color from file to screen to print and beyond is a requirement for great results. This new tool helps you manage Windows color settings in one place. Download or learn more.

SyncToy
    With new sources of files coming from every direction (such as digital cameras, e-mail, cell phones, portable media players, camcorders, PDAs, and laptops), SyncToy can help you copy, move, and synchronize different directories. Download or learn more.

RAW Image Thumbnailer and Viewer
    Are you a serious photographer? Now you can organize and work with digital RAW files in Windows Explorer (much as you can with JPEG images). This tool provides thumbnails, previews, printing, and metadata display for RAW images. Download or learn more.

ClearType Tuner
    This PowerToy lets you use ClearType technology to make it easier to read text on your screen, and installs in the Control Panel for easy access.

HTML Slide Show Wizard
    This wizard helps you create an HTML slide show of your digital pictures, ready to place on your Web site.

Open Command Window Here
    This PowerToy adds an "Open Command Window Here" context menu option on file system folders, giving you a quick way to open a command window (cmd.exe) pointing at the selected folder.

Alt-Tab Replacement
    With this PowerToy, in addition to seeing the icon of the application window you are switching to, you will also see a preview of the page. This helps particularly when multiple sessions of an application are open.

Tweak UI
    This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP default user interface, including mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.

Version 2.10 requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows Server 2003.

Power Calculator
    With this PowerToy you can graph and evaluate functions as well as perform many different types of conversions.

Image Resizer
    This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

CD Slide Show Generator
    With this PowerToy you can view images burned to a CD as a slide show. The Generator works downlevel on Windows 9x machines as well.

Virtual Desktop Manager
    Manage up to four desktops from the Windows taskbar with this PowerToy.

Taskbar Magnifier
    Use this PowerToy to magnify part of the screen from the taskbar.

Webcam Timershot
    This PowerToy lets you take pictures at specified time intervals from a Webcam connected to your computer and save them to a location that you designate.