Due to a crash I had to recently reformat and re-install XP. However, I have two hard drives (C. D,) and initially I installed (in error, it was a late night) XP on Drive D.

Later I installed XP again on drive C: (which was my preference), thinking I would just reformat drive D: and erase the XP OS there, leaving me with a fully functional clean install on C:.

XP works fine on Drive C: and after having reformated Drive D: there is no trace of the XP OS on it.

Now here's the issue,

When I turn on my Computer, I get a black and white screen that says, I have XP installed twice and I am given an option of which OS to access. A 30 second timer automatically chooses drive C: if I don't choose it myself.

Out of curiosity I picked drive D: once and it gave me an error message saying System32, file missing blah, blah. It is obvious that there is no XP on drive D: since the reformat of that drive, therefore, the error message.

If the computer or I choose drive C:, then XP boots up fine, no problems.

I'm inclined to just leave it alone, it seems like a harmless situation. However, if there is a quick fix to this, than please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Halder,