Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSN hotmail in outlook express 6

Yeah thats how i like mine set up as well,My other accounts should download messages from the net automatically only my main ISP one needs to be transferred.

Sorry for the Double Post but hey BB,when you set up the Hotmail extension in Thunderbird did you have any issues?

I installed it but when i try to go into the options to set up my accounts nothing happens.It wont let me click any buttons and when i do it causes the extensions window to lock up

:EDIT:Nevermind on that got it working now.But one other issue.I notice that this extension doesnt seem to work with custom folders.In my Hotmail account i made a folder called "Read Messages" where i save all the important e-mail i get such as forum registration e-mails.But for some reasons these folders don't get added.Any idea's?
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; October 30th, 2006 at 07:02 AM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I think, to create a new folder in Hotmail, you just right click the Inbox icon on the main thunderbird page, and click create new folder. Then choose a name and make sure it's in the inbox of whatever you named your hotmail account.

See the image for an example.

Gave that a try BB but no luck,It creates the new folder in Thunderbird but all the messages in the folder of the hotmail account don't get added at all.Even the messages from the "Sent" Folder are not added.Only thing it seems to actually add is the inbox.Perhaps i should make a topic in the "alternate e-mail/browser" area maybe someone out there has figured it out.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; October 30th, 2006 at 08:41 AM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bhxtyrant View Post
    Gave that a try BB but no luck,It creates the new folder in Thunderbird but all the messages in the folder of the hotmail account don't get added at all.Even the messages from the "Sent" Folder are not added.Only thing it seems to actually add is the inbox.
    You may have to import them manually. use the import feature to import them from outlook to Thunderbird. (CLick tools/import/MAIL/Outllook Express/Click Next)

I tried it and it imported every folder I created. For example I created a new folder in Outlook Express called "Fart Sniffer Folder"

Then I moved some messages into that folder.

I then went into Thunderbird and did the following:
    (CLick tools/import/MAIL/Outllook Express/Click Next)

That imported several new folders and files. My fart sniffer folder was in the mess. I did this 2 or 3 times and it imported the folders (some of the same ones) with no problems.

That *should* work.

Then just click and drag that new folder up into the Hotmail Inbox area.