Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Point Viewer 2003 - [FIXED]

Power Point Viewer 2003 - [FIXED]

Whenever I try opening a PPS file in an e-mail, I get the COMMAND LINE OPTION SYNTAX ERROR. TYPE /? FOR HELP.

This is if I have POWER POINT VIEWER 2OO3 installed or not. I have read the query by WUMPLY in 2005 and you asked "do the file names have spaces in them?" - No they do not. I have installed/uninstalled/downloaded PPV 2003
    more times than I care to count.

H...E...L...P Any ideas ?

thanks

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Try this:

Go to Start > Run and type regsvr32 urlmon.dll‏.

Hit enter.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Nope, still get the same error....

does this error only occur when opening the pps in emails?

If you save the pps file to your HDD and open it do you still get the error?

I saved it to My Documents, tried to open and got the same error.
    My system is an eMachines operating at 1.8Ghz, using WINDOWS XP (SP2)Home Edition with 640Mb RAM - anything else useful ? Thanks

Is this error just for that particular file or does it happen for all pps files?

I get the error for ANY PPS e-mail and I have a bunch of them waiting to be viewed.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I am not going to answer your specific question as I think Reverend is doing that.

I am however going to offer another suggestion that may work:

http://openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org...&version=2.0.4

Open Office is free and can open powerpoint files. It's worth a shot if you can't get the PowerPoint Viewer issue sorted.

Big Booger - thanks, I'll try that now. Afterthought: I just had a friend advise they were operating at 1.3mgz and Outlook Express just opened a PPS file fine. Could there be something amiss with my Outlook Express ??

Could be. If you get it to work with Open Office, then you can go back and troubleshoot whether it's the powerpoint viewer or Outlook causing the problems.

To make sure it isn't outlook you can try Eudora or Thunderbird. I recently installed Thunderbird and it's working like a hooker in Hanover.

http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...6&postcount=12
    A post where I installed Thunderbird with Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and TZmail support.

Big Booger...I was unable to run that openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org...$version=2.0.4 - I typed it exactly as you gave it and the response was "unable to find it..etc". I eliminated the ".'s" and just used up to org, it appeared then I checked the associated links, i.e. version 2.0.4, win and en(us) and was told it was not available...??????
    IF the original error is associated with Power Point Viewer 2003, why do I get it with Power Point Viewer 2003 UNINSTALLED ?? That sounds like the problem may be elsewhere....if so, where??

Hey Reverend - don't run out on me please, I'll take all the help that is offered - it's very much appreciated.

Are these pps files all from the same source?

Are they attachments or links?

Quote Originally Posted by melbladen View Post
    Big Booger...I was unable to run that openoffice.bouncer.osuosl.org...$version=2.0.4 - I typed it exactly as you gave it and the response was "unable to find it..etc". I eliminated the ".'s" and just used up to org, it appeared then I checked the associated links, i.e. version 2.0.4, win and en(us) and was told it was not available...??????
    IF the original error is associated with Power Point Viewer 2003, why do I get it with Power Point Viewer 2003 UNINSTALLED ?? That sounds like the problem may be elsewhere....if so, where??
    Why are you typing the link? It's hypertext. That means if you click it, it will open automatically.

CLICK HERE

That link is verified by me. I have downloaded that file both at home and at work.

How can you view the powerpoint files if you have Power Point Viewer Uninstalled?

Booger - Yep, I reckon so but at least I can open those PPS files now. Thanks again for your time.