Thread: Mapi and win2k

Mapi and win2k

I am using win2 k german version and word 2000. As emailcleint I use Becky! Version 2 that's suposed to be able to mapi.

I installed verything - as I had before - in win98se where with some changes in win.ini I could get mapi to work.

Now in win2 k strange things happend. I do have two systems - one normal and one for testing purposes only. On the normally I installed word 2000 and a camerasoftware - no mapi

On the test system I had no mapi until i installed the camerasoftware - but I haven't installed Word here - and now I can mapi without any win.ini changes or anything. Anyone knows how to get mapi back ??? Would be nice for my palm too (:--))

Ruben

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q238085&

Have a look at the article above. It would seem to get the MAPI 1.0 standard installed you need to install a software that contains it, like outlook or Microsoft Exchange Client. You might try reinstalling your camera software to see if it will install MAPI for you.

Just an idea.
    BB

Welcome to TechZonez

I saw thta one too - but hate to have to buy or install Outlook to be able to use another mailclient - get my drift??

Ruben

Well, you can try this site:
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...s.shtml?mapi32

contains the Mapi dll. I would guess you just need to put it in your system32 file folder... but I am not sure.

Also, here is another site hosting the MAPI file:
    http://edsecure.armageddonsoftware.com/plugins/

Hope it helps,
    I was wondering, does Windows 2000 come installed with Outlook Express? I am not sure as it has been a while since I last used it... YOu could just use it temporarily. BUt I understand wanting to stay away from it with all the Virii...
    BB

Thanks I donwloaded the files - one had an *.ocx to use (outlookmapi) - thats the one that seems interesting, but how do I tell my machine to recognize it?? Or to register it??

Ruben

PS: Yes win2k comes with oe and with oe it actually works (:--((

That is where the extent of my knowledge runs dry.. I don't know how to get windows 2k to recognize it. I was thinking if you put the DLL in the right folder it would recognize it automatically... I guess not.

From here I dun't know,
    but not to leave you shorthanded, I found some links to other free-based email applications. I highly recommend Eudora. I use it and it works flawless and it installs its own MAPI DLL.
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...0/mailclnt.htm

Sorry I couldn't help you further,
    BB

Yeah I knwo them - but there are all not an becky#s standard - try it (:--))

Ruben

Did find the solution - installed the camera software - videomail - and run fixmapi.exe and ...

it works now (:--)) with the changes in win.ini I had in win98se

Ruben

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    thanks for posting your fix

this will help alot of people

cheers
    ------------------------------------------------------------