Thread: no game playing

Question no game playing

frusrated, have really great games, but will not play on win xp2, used makecompat but to no avail..........eg. silent hunter, quake, wheels of freedom, dig, swat, bad mojo, full throttle, among others....do i need a boot disk or something else ??

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    A lot of games just no longer run unfortunately. The files and subsystems that they needed to run are no longer in Windows.

If a game was popular enough though, there may be a cult following of people that have gotten it to work. A good example of this would be the X-com games.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    In this case, I'd recommend a dual boot. One with Xp and one with a legacy OS like windows 98 or windows 2000.

More info about the dual boot:
    http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/dualboot.htm

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metpin777 View Post
    frusrated, have really great games, but will not play on win xp2, used makecompat but to no avail..........eg. silent hunter, quake, wheels of freedom, dig, swat, bad mojo, full throttle, among others....do i need a boot disk or something else ??

Did any of these games play on XP sp1?If so then if the game installs but won't play, then have you tried the game creator website for patches?My Quake 4 game kept crashing and after the patch worked fine.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    if the games are dos based, have a look at DOSBOX... its an emulator, which should help with compatibility.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---