Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is OCing

Who is OCing

I am. Running a P4 1.7 at 1.87. That does not sound like much but it seems to make things run smoother.

Any one else? I hear that 10% is about the max that one should OC.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    I was overclocking my P4 1.7 (423) to just under 2ghz but i had to back it off,because it was too unstable.
    I'm running at standard core speed now.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

well you guys know Iam.

P4 OCed to 2.77 running at 154
    Corsair XMS3500 running at 411 MHZ @ 2-3-3-6
    Idle Temps are 36c CPU and 28c MB on a Asus P4PE

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Straight core speeds on all components. I was a retard and bought an INTEL MOBO, never again.. though I did get it cheap. My next MOBO purchase will be an ASUS motherboard for sure.

Vid card, overclocked it, benchmarked, didn't improve much, so back to normal.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

haha

you all know im overclocking, my vid is sitting at 450/990 Gefroce 4 Ti 4600 Ultra Deluxe, my cpu XP 3200 Barton, 3.3 ghz ram is runnin hot voltages are at 1.7 all the way, i got alot of coolin happing im gett a new Case soon that hase 4 fans in front 2 i nthe back one on the side one on the top lol, it will be pumpin cfm like mad, haha,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Bumped my core voltage to 1.75 on a Barton 2800 FSB340,2.125GHz.Stock settings on my Radeon 9500(softmod 9800) right now but have had the core at 324 and the mem at 283 and got a nice 3d2003 score of 4499.I don't want to get carried away with that stuff right now.It's a good all around system.The way to go with ocing right now seems to be with intel chipsets anyhow.I hope AMD will allow multiplyer unlocking on their new cpu's.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I'm considering it. I just read that my 2.6C P4 can hit 3.5 Ghz with the stock fan!

http://www.ocaddiction.com/reviews/c...up/page5.shtml

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    Originally posted by Conan
    I'm considering it. I just read that my 2.6C P4 can hit 3.5 Ghz with the stock fan!

http://www.ocaddiction.com/reviews/c...up/page5.shtml
    There is where AMD kinda threw me for a loop when they went back to their old rating system.Don't get me wrong AMD chips have always performed well for me and I've sold a lot of them.They are the poor man's Intel as far as price goes,but I think they should have incorporated unlocked multipliers with their Thoroughbreds and Bartons,without having to epoxy bridges together or buy aftermarket devices.Now from an article I read on the cpu time lines AMD doesn't plan on anything more than their 400fsb for the 32 bit architecture.If they don't go after the Intel Oc'd market prices on Intel cpu's will probably stay high.Are the Speed Wars over?May the nForce be with you.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    got my 1700xp(1.47) to just over 2gig. starts to get unstable if I go to 2.1 and the benchies didnt improve much so I backed it down to 2000

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Not big into OC'ing, but my server is running a AMD1400 which I have clocked up to 1.4 I will probably try to clock it up a little more once I have my server problems resolved.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Conan you have a overclocking monster...your ram is top notch so have at it what U waiting for.....
    Originally posted by zipp51
    I think they should have incorporated unlocked multipliers with their Thoroughbreds and Bartons,without having to epoxy bridges together or buy aftermarket devices.
    All Thoroughbred "B's" and Bartons have unlocked multipliers you need a board that enables you to use them

In OC'n AMD it's the lower multipliers you want because you need to raise the FSB as high as you can and still run the CPU in sync with the ram. Your ASUS A7N8X-D should do this...

If the prices fall on the P4 2.6c/2.8c then AMD will need to come out with a new chip fast or INTEL will kill them....
    Originally posted by Stripe
    Not big into OC'ing, but my server is running a AMD1400 which I have clocked up to 1.4 I will probably try to clock it up a little more once I have my server problems resolved.
    Stripe...I think servers are suppose to be super stable, not overclocked game rigs...hehe

ABIT NF7-S
    XP2400 10.5x @210fsb= 2205ghz
    Crucial PC3200 @210fsb= 420mhz
    ATI 9800pro @400/350= frag-time

Titanium Member
    Got my 'lil xp2000 1678mhz runnin' at 1866 - it will run into the 1900's but i'm staying on the safe side.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Well I upped my FSB to 215 and was almost hitting 3 Ghz. However, my onboard sound ceased to function at that speed! Why is that? Benched my CPU at that speed with Sandra and was blowing away both Intel 3.2 and AMD 3200.

I put it back to 205 now and my sound is functioning fine. So FastGame, care to guess what's with my sound?

Titanium Member
    I think you broke the sound barrier at that speed.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Well I upped my FSB to 215 and was almost hitting 3 Ghz. However, my onboard sound ceased to function at that speed! Why is that?
    Whenever you increase the fsb it also increases the bus speed of peripheral cards and onboard features because they are designed to run at a percentage of the fsb.

There is no point in overclocking,apart from the RAM,unless you are a big gamer.Overclocking for everyday normal usage and playing the occassional game will be of no benefit.

Just my opinion.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========