Thread: Message: "IE 7.0 has stoppedl working." [FIXED]

My son, Bruce, has just tried to become a Techzonez member but he gave up after 6 tries to enter one of those random character codes that ascertain you are for real, failed. He has asked me to post his question...so here it is. I'll forward any answers or send him a link. Thanks. wumply.

"I'm using Vista Home Premium. IE 7.0 came along with this version, so I've been using it as my browser.

The problem I am experiencing is that when I close IE (clicking on the red X), I get a message: "IE 7.0 has stopped working." Then any IE windows I have open are closed and I am back at my home page.

Is there something I can do to overcome this behavior?"
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    I'm using Vista Ultimate and sometimes get the same thing, especially while downloading. My workaround? Don't close the browser window until the dl's complete. BTW: You might try posting in the MS Vista newsgroups.

@wumply & son: This might be helpful http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...3-d2c15b30d1a4
    Last edited by piaqt; February 21st, 2007 at 19:28 PM. Reason: found possibly relevant post.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Well, here's what happened and Bruce got the idea from your link I guess, piaqt, of turning off all his add-ons and adding them in one by one. When he added the Skype program back in, then he re-experienced the problems I mentioned in my original post. (Now he had not specifically added in Skype as an add-on initially...apparently Skype did that by itself when he downloaded it. At least that's how it appeared to Bruce.) End Result: Problem solved: Bruce was content to leave Skype out of being an Add-on as he doesn't use it all that much. BTW, it's a very nice little program. I love it for Long Distances for $30 a year, unlimited calling USA and Canada and I am very pleased with its video (free) back and forth between me in NH and Bruce in NJ.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Glad you got it worked out. Closing this thread and marking as FIXED.