Thread: shopping cart

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar

shopping cart

I need to build a shopping cart. The owner wants results in his inbox. We're using MSFN as the host. Anyone know where to look for a script, instructions, or which app to use? I've got macromedia (various) and visual studio.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Shopping Carts

Some hosts include a cart package that just needs to be enabled.

Have you asked the guys at MSFN?

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

There are 3 in fantastico for the site. I've never done this before, and the owner is computer-illiterate, so I need all the in fo I can get. Thanks, rev.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    osCommerce has some good reviews.

They have a demo catalog here

Note: the Catalog is presented for demonstration purposes, any orders made will not be delivered or charged for.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Also ensure the final checkout is HTTPS SSL... secured and verified by Verisign or TRUST etc...

Also, depending on credit card transactions, the owner might need some merchant facilities with his bank account.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

oscommerce insists on protecting the admin area, and then won't let me in. something about register_globals, and I can't find php.ini. also, we're selling dog-walking services, and need a very simple front end, like http://aluckydog.com/servicerequestform.php. and product catalog backends have me pulling my hair, teeth, etc. HELP!

love, piaqt

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Not sure why the you would be getting locked out... would register_globals be in your Environment Paths?

For the front end, that example page you linked to, is a simple form that gets 'submitted' to a Pearl Script (for formatting sake) and then presumarily emailed to the Owners.

I think Frontpage was an option to create auto-code that will email a forms contents.... Else, you could easily write code to store the form data into a database, then with your 'admin' page, build a report of new customers

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---