Thread: Computer management Session alerts

Question Computer management Session alerts

Hello every one,
    I have a question about remote sessions in windows XP. Under computer management, shared folders and sessions, is there a way to set up a real time alert. This way you can monitor who is connecting to your system. I thought it could have been done in Microsoft management console but I don’t see an option for real time alerts. The only way I have been able to do this on a system I’m monitoring is to refresh the screen.

So does anyone have any other suggestion on how I can do this, using Windows XP or some type of a VBS script?

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Im sure there would be a vb script using WMI triggers etc... i.e. Poll that management screen for any updates/changes to the sessions...

I think it might be easier if you firewall has a monitor port function? Even Task Manager has a 'Users' tab, that you can see who's connected.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    terminal services is the mmc that monitors and control remote management. It might not be installed by ddefault but it can be easily added using inside "Add/Remove Programs" the section "Add/Remove Windows Components"
    Only problem is that it is only in server versions.
    Anyhow, Remote sesion (or remote Access) in Windows XP is not more than an updated version of terminal server (access), and of course it uses the same services, knowing this will give you several tools to monitored it, in the performance monitor you can use it to monitor many things about the terminal services and sesions.
    To know more, you could also search inside Technet "The Script Guys" to see if they have a terminal services or remote desktop wmi script.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I did a little search and I found a commercial product the records everything that happens in a RDC session
    http://www.tsfactory.com (RecordTS)
    Also, in the script center I found some scripts but mainly for configuration, not for monitoring, but still take a look to see if they are interesting (look in remote desktop and terminal services)
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...e/default.mspx