Thread: Windows Media Player 11 Nightmare [FIXED]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar

Windows Media Player 11 Nightmare [FIXED]

Hi guys & girls, longtime no see.

How is everyone doing?

Onto business, does anyone know how to stop Windows Media Player from associating it's self with every single damn media file in Windows Vista!?

I've looked everywhere in the options and it seems Microsoft either didn't make an option to de-intergrate WMP in Vista or they have hidden the option very well!

I got Windows Vista Premium with my new laptop last month and while the whole Vista experience has been great (except driver support of course) the damn WMP 11 is a right pain in the ass, i want Winamp to play my music files again!

I wouldn't mind but i've upgraded to the latest version of Winamp 5.33 and told it's agent to maintain file association but WMP just keeps holding on and it's extremely irritating. I'm a old school type of guy, always have been, WMP for video and Winamp for audio, it's been my way since 1998 and Windows Vista is really screwing with my tradition!

If anyone can help me with this problem it would be very much appreciated as i've searched google with no luck.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; April 18th, 2007 at 22:59 PM.