Thread: Finding Vista Drivers?

Finding Vista Drivers?

Hey guys,i've been thinking of installing Windows Vista on a second hard drive in my current rig for testing purposes.Now i ran the compatibility test and there are some issues with hardware drivers.I been searching google but i cant seem to track down supported drivers so i thought i would ask those of you who already use vista or may know where i can find what i need.

Hardware
    Promise ultra133 TX2 IDE controller card-Need Vista compatible driver

Nvidia Nforce Audio-this is the audio codec for my motherboard the video drivers are supported however there seems to be an issue with the audio driver.

ATI TV Wonder TV tuner/capture card-A few of the drivers are compatible but a few such as "video crossbar,audio crossbar,and audi capture" are not compatible.

That is about it as far as hardware goes so any help would be awsome.Thanks for the time

EDIT:found out my TV wonder issues can be fixed by using ATI's "Catalyst Media Center" however i cant seem to find a link on ATI's site to download it.Any clue's?
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; April 23rd, 2007 at 04:21 AM.

I found that even though there may be an issue with the driver in Vista it does not mean that the drive will work to some extent. Since you are putting it on a second hard drive and testing the OS I would give the non Vista drive a chance to see if it might work for you.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Nvidia was having big issues with Vista compatibility. Not sure if the latest round of nforce drivers are any help or not.

Some hardware can be very difficult to find... you can try to use Server 2003 drivers (similar code base) or at least XP drivers.

Given some time over next few months, more drivers will become available or even firmware updates for bios/pci-cards etc.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Thanks guys,
    Yeah i just wanna test it out a bit before i make a final choice because i already know much software i use isnt compatible yet.i found a newer Nforce audio driver made for XP/server 03 so im gonna give that an install then run the compatibility test again and see if it helps.The main problem would be if i cant find one for my IDE controller card as i have 4 drives on it that have alot of my files.It seems to be the most difficult to track down.Any idea's on where to find this Catalyst Media Center download?
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; April 23rd, 2007 at 08:17 AM.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Try this link, it might help you.

http://listing.driveragent.com/descr...bf7032a18c47de

Thanks piper i will check it out

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html for all-in-wonder. http://searchna.ati.com/promosearch/...59-1&x=24&y=16 for catalyst, but I didn't see any "for windows vista". Maybe "for Windows xp media center" drivers will work.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Hey Piaqt,
    Nope i do not have an all in wonder card.Im using a Radeon 9200 128MB card and a seperate TV unr/capture card.Vista supports my graphics card it's the tv tuner thats has the issue.But according to ATI site for my tuner card it's supported by vista by using the "Catalyst Media Center" however i dont seem to see a download for it anywhere.Very weird.You can see what i mean on this page http://ati.amd.com/products/tunermatrix.html under "TV WONDER 200 PCI"
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; April 23rd, 2007 at 19:37 PM.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    You may have to buy it. The pigs.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

could be but i dont even see a place to purchase it. :S

OK, for the TV tuner card, since it is separate card to your ATI card.. you will need new Vista compatible BDA drivers... check the manufacturer website (brand, specs will help us)...

Then, once it is installed.. you can use ATI media center to view the TV stream

They are separate programs.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    OK, for the TV tuner card, since it is separate card to your ATI card.. you will need new Vista compatible BDA drivers... check the manufacturer website (brand, specs will help us)...

Then, once it is installed.. you can use ATI media center to view the TV stream

They are separate programs.
    Hey cash.yes that is correct but according to ATi's site there is not a seperate driver so i assume the correct drivers i need are only including in the above mentioned "Catalyst Media Center".

@Tinker,
    Thanks for the link i will see if i can find any drivers there but as far as the ATI drivers i think those are graphics card drivers not the ones for the TV wonder tuner card which is seperate from my ATI graphics card.

check out http://ati.amd.com/products/catalyst...ter/index.html

From reading this page, i think you will not be able to download it... it comes with certain new AMD ATi Products.

You might be able to purchase it separately in the future. good luck

update: found this old forum thread --> http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33857929
    Last edited by cash_site; April 27th, 2007 at 02:01 AM. Reason: new link

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---