Thread: Strange XP problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Strange XP problem

Hey guys,
    I encountered a very weird issue with XP pro SP2 tonight and i have to admit im stuck.Heres the thing a friend of mine got a new Compaq Presario sr2150nx which came pre installed with Windows Vista Home Basic.They did not like it and asked me to install XP Pro on the the PC.After installing XP all went well and i installed the various drivers for onboard sound,graphics,and a pre installed 56k modem (still havent figured out why a new PC would have that lol) i then began installing basic software such as printer software (lexmark 6200) and webcam software (logitech quickcam).After all of this i began noticing when the PC reboots it takes quite a while to load at the windows XP load screen when it did not do this before.

I checked out the Event viewer and found one entry which seems to keep occuring that i think is causing the problem.details are as follows

Warning "Source- Userenv","Event- 1517","User- SYSTEM"
    "Windows saved user registry while an application or service was still saving using the registry during log off."

This happens upon every shut down and i have no idea what started to cause it.If anyone has any idea's i'd love to hear them.Thanks

System Specs in case you need them
    Compaq Presario sr2150nx
    XP pro SP2 with latest windows updates
    Intel Celeron D 3.33Ghz
    512 PC4200 DDR2
    120GB HDD SATA
    100GB slave HDD IDE
    ATI Radeon express 1100 intergrated
    Realtek Audio intergrated
    PCI SATA expansion card for use with external SATA HDD
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; April 27th, 2007 at 16:06 PM.