Thread: Broadcom 802.11g not working in laptop

Broadcom 802.11g not working in laptop

This is a strange one.I turned my laptop on one day and can not connect to my wireless internet connection. Error says no avaiable network.
    The error message says radio button disabled. Is the broadcom gone south inside the laptop? I reinstalled win xp hoping it would fix it but the same problem.
    Since the I hooked up my usb buffalo wireless adaptor I can get on .But its a pain to carry around the house with my laptop. Any suggestions other than buying a new computer???
    It was a good deal for this Everex LM7WZ for $399.00 from Walmart almost 2 years ago.
    Thanks for any help......

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    They can die for no reason, so...it's possible. Remove it from Device Manager then reboot and let it redetect. See if that helps.And it could also be something else running in the background. Let us know what happens with the first bit, then we'll continue.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Are you sure you didn't turn off the Radio button by accident? In my wife's Dell laptop the radio button was accessed by pressing Fn and then F2.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Try reseating the router. Unplug the modem and the router. Turn off the laptop. Wait 30 seconds. Reboot, replug.

Check the documentation for the router and the modem. There should be a reset button SOMEWHERE. I've gotten similar errors with my Dell laptop (cough cough rik) and that's what I went through. Works just fine. You can probably ignore the radio button error message.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Thanks 4 all your help members. I have concluded the thing has bit the dust.
    I have tried everything everyone suggested and the best I got was windows installing the software and saying error,there was a problem when installing and the hardware might not work.Which it doesn't.
    Time 2 buy a new laptop soon.The keyboard is falling apart now.Cheap , cheap , cheap....