Thread: Backup?

Question Backup?

Hey folks;
    I have Windows Media Center Edition 2005, and I'd like to backup my system and files. How do I do this? All the info seems to be for Windows XP or Vista! I'm still new at some things!

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    all the info you read re: XP should be fine on the media edition since its just a shell for all the media applications.

Question Backup

I'll try again. But the backup tool in my system tools application does not work. I want to backup my system and files to a DVD-RW. Is this possible?

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    You need to install software like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost. These programs will take a "snapshots" of your drive and you'll be able to restore it to that snapshot in the future.

I use Acronis True Image and i have used norton ghost both are very good but my preference is Acronis,hasnt let me down yet

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Just to add, Ghost and TrueImage take an Image of the Drive/Partition therefore the resulting file is either the same size (40Gb or so) or slightly smaller with compression. Most times you copy this file to another HD...

I think the XP/Vista Backup tool, actually saves setting and configurations... i think you can then just format/load XP, and then load backup...

In saying that... I've only ever used Ghost Images

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---