Thread: Wierd problem

Wierd problem

I have been trying to digitize family photo albums over the past few months. The number is over 600 and growing. Various methods have been use to include scanner and photographing album photos. I also have a CD of jpg files that a local shop created for me several years ago. The jpg files were made by scanning negatives then doing minimal photo editing in Photoshop before burning them to a CD. These are the files that are giving me trouble.

The can be viewed on my monitor by every method I have tried including Ifranview, PhotoImpact, and the M$ image viewer. I can copy these files to HD and even modify them when necessary. I cannot then copy them to flash memory. It is my desire to have all photos on a SD memory card for use in a digital photo frame.

I am beginning to think that M$ has included some DRM type crap in a recent update that is preventing the copy function.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, have you found a way around it?
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    You haven't accidently locked the Memory card. Some cards have a small protection tab.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

First thing I checked. I also forgot to mention that I tried it with several SD memory cards.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    What type of reader do you use. IDE, USB ?

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Can you copy them to network shares? Can you reburn them onto another blank CD? Have u closed all the Apps, perhaps th?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Yes, I can copy them to a shared folder and from one HD to another.

I have found out that these files cannot be copied to flash drives as well as the SD memory card.

Can you open the file in 'MSPAINT', then just do a select all and copy & paste into a new blank image?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    Can you open the file in 'MSPAINT', then just do a select all and copy & paste into a new blank image?
    I do not have M$ Paint on my machine. I have spent much time and effort stripping unnecessary crap from XP. While some may like it, I haven't opened M$ Paint since Win 95. I have tried what you are talking about with GIMP in Linux and PhotoImpact in XP.

Hehe, sorry Efc, with 'm$ paint' I really meant just a cheap/nasty (simple) graphics program that you should be able to select then copy & paste...

Now, you've tried doing this, but still no luck with saving that new file and copying to your flash drive?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---