Thread: Need to fix Vista's mbr

Silver Member

Need to fix Vista's mbr

Well in my current setup I have Vista installed on my C drive and I had a failing WD hard drive as my D drive but I had (or thought I had) nothing on that drive. Well today it failed and it turns out that my bootini file and such was installed on this drive for some stupid reason when I installed Vista. Now I need to fix it so I can boot back into Vista just like normal again....any help is much appreciated.

Silver Member
    Never mind I found articles on it but none of them seemed to work so i just did a fresh install I didn't really have anything on there worth saving anyway, Thanks anyway everyone.

Should it happen again - boot from the vista DVD and choose the Repair My Computer option then choose Start up Repair from the repair options.

Any problem that can't be fixed this way and you will need Vista Boot Pro, bcdedit and a bootable environment to work from (Live CD or bootable partition).

It's usually relatively painless but a little drawn out.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    And give EasyBCD a road test.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Silver Member
    Thanks you guys if I do have the problem again I'll be sure to try those out.