Thread: clock phreek

Titanium Member

clock phreek

I have a bone stock PC - with a TNT2 model 64 - (junk)
    I installed that new det. driver that everyone has been posting.

There is an option to adjust clock frequencies - so i've been playing. I'm not sure if this is even working with my card or if it will even make a difference.

The default settings are 125 - 150. I have been moving up the slider in increments to, now, 140 - 160. I then started to play, after re-boot, UT2003 demo and it seems less "jittery". Is it my imagination? Or did it improve my sub-standard card noticably.

Everytime you make an adjustment, it makes you test it. So far it hasn't become unstable or anything. Is there a better way to gauge improvement? Or is there something that will show me a difference in speed?

One curious thing, which is not related (I think) is my P4 speed shows an increase for some reason. It has always shown (belarc advisor) 1614GHz - It now shows 1633GHz - nothing to write home about but i'm wondering why the change?

SCREENSHOT
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 29th, 2002 at 23:06 PM.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I don't know lynch , might be fun to play with but I doubt you'll see any great improvement. Your card just wasn't made to be a Gamer....in fact with some of the games you have you just don't know what your really missing !

Right now Best Buy has the G-4 Ti 4200 64mb on sale for $139 & this card flat out ROCKS ! most everyone is OC'n this card up to and past the G-4 TI 4600 without any problems. The 64mb is the one to get , the ram is better & OC's the best.

Or look for a ATI 8500 or G-3 on the cheap....gotta be real cheap cuz that 4200 64mb is the best deal in V-cards at this moment !!!!

Go to pricewatch.com and check out the prices.

As for the "gauge improvement" Go Here and get 3D Mark 2000 and 2001se benchmarks....I know..I know the 2000 is old but it still has the best Demo & tunes of all !

As for the extra little CPU speed...Hmmm , I give maybe your Power Supply is running cooler ????? who knows ? Did you flash your Bios ?

What you waiting for ? go to bed and in the morning go get that G-4 Ti 4200 64mb.........

Titanium Member
    I'll have to wait for it to go (more) on sale.
    What is the setting doing to my card anyway?
    Any of those cards will go into my machine?

you got to be kidding, that's a 39MB download!
    Last edited by lynchknot; September 30th, 2002 at 04:12 AM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by lynchknot
    I'll have to wait for it to go (more) on sale.
    What is the setting doing to my card anyway?
    Any of those cards will go into my machine?

you got to be kidding, that's a 39MB download!
    3DMark is one of the best ways to test/benchmark your Video Card.

Titanium Member
    I just finished testing with 3D2001se - hey that was fun! My scores were low (of course) but when I went back and adjusted the clock speed again (150-175) The score improved around 30-50 points (somewhere around there).

I found at least my machine scored in the first page results for my card. Around 5th.
    When I tested it said not tested using defaults. I'm not sure what they mean by that. I didn't configure anything with the test, I just ran it the way it came.