Thread: Run-time error '53' [FIXED]

Run-time error '53' [FIXED]

Hello guys I have a problem with excel and word documents. Any time I try to open one of these file I get the following error message. “Run-time error '53': File not found AprvMSOAddin.dll”

Also if I try to open one of these file from outlook it will crash out the program and force it to restart. I it does not make a difference if I’m using office 2003 or 2007 the results are the same. Anyone have any clue what is causing this and how to fix it.

Also I know there is a detect and repair option for outlook and MS office but I can’t find it in office 2007 where is the detect and repair option within office 07.

In Outlook 2007, ya just go under Help and choose Office Diagnostics...

I run Office 2007 and don't have this file, so my guess would be its related to some third party software. Could be a virus checker or firewall program that scans docs and emails to make sure their safe. That or its a virus/spyware itself. Unistall any security programs, also scan your system for viruses etc...

In excel 2007 you just click the office button, and near the lower right corner you'll see excel options, in the new window goto resources, and you'll see a diagnostic as well. Ya also might be able to do something about the dll file in the addins section as well. Aceessing in powerpoint is similar.
    Last edited by thraxed; February 28th, 2008 at 05:29 AM.

I found the root of the problem; it was a 3rd party application that was creating the error. Basically after I found the program I went to Control panel -> add remove programs -> selected the application -> change -> modify and there was check box to install the Add in to office. After that was done the problem went away.