Thread: Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1

Internet Explorer 8 takes the Web experience beyond the page and introduces a new way to seamlessly experience the power of the Web whether you are a Web developer writing to standards, or an end user discovering a new online service. This beta release is available to everyone, but is primarily for Web developers and designers to test the new tools, layout engine, and programming enhancements.

When not developing your web site, you can click the Emulate IE7 button in the command bar to browse the web like you did in IE7.

Internet Explorer 8 can be installed on Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2).

Release notes

Windows XP SP2

Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 64-bit Edition

Windows Server 2003 SP2

Windows Server 2003 SP2 64-bit Edition or Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar
    IE8 is all in all not a bad browser at all, even in the beta mode.

Using it in the emulated IE7 mode is a very good experience. This "emulated" mode is much better than the "pure" IE7.

Saying totally sober, I like the program very much.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    I've been trying this out for a few days.

Some elements of our front page are slightly broken with IE8, but fortunately nothing major for me to worry about yet. However i have added an IE7 meta tag to the front page just to keep the display unbroken for now. No need to hit the emulation button.

I will take off the auto emulation nearer the final IE8 release.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========