Thread: Office 2007 displaying in flay grey theme with broken functions.

Question Office 2007 displaying in flay grey theme with broken functions.

Hello everyone I have a minor problem with office 2007 suite. It worked great for several months, then it changed to a flat gray them and it looked like office 2003. I have taken the following steps to correct the issue without any look.

1. Uninstalled office 2007 and reinstalled

2. Uninstalled office 2007 and deleted the Microsoft office folder and all registry settings related to office.

3. Uninstalled office 2007, deleted the target folder and registry entrees. Then installed office 2003 (it was in the same gray theme and functions where broken as well) then upgraded to 2007 and it was broken

4. Ran detects and repairs in office 2003 and ran diagnostics in 2007 with no error found.

All other application the computer will work just fine, it seems to only effect MS office (outlook, work, excel, access, power point) Also I have had other users log into the system to see it was relate to my profile on the computer and the same problem appeared for them. Before I just re-build the system (ghost imaging) is there any other course of action I can take to correct this.
    Last edited by Linedawg; March 6th, 2008 at 21:03 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Any idea what led up to this? Windows updates...Office Updates?

Not a clue, I believe it was after a patch. But nothing I have tried so far has worked to restore Office. Also I uninstalled and reloaded office 2003 back on the system and the same effect followed it. So I think it has something to do with the operating systems.

System restore?

I'M trying to avoid a re-imaging of my systems for one reason. If I was able to break office like this that means some of my customer base will as well. I would like to figure out a fix for it instead of telling them to have the system imaged VIA Ghost. Because depending on who it is it could make for a long day. But a imaging (restore) will happen on my system in the next few days if I can't work anything out.

I was meaning the Windows System Restore feature as opposed to Ghost.