Thread: Realtek HD audio

Realtek HD audio

Hi all, this is my first post so be nice....I have a reasonably new computer and I have XP installed, I also have the genuine disc, anyway I needed to reformat as I had updated at Microsoft and suddenly had no sound....making a long story short I get the message `Realtek HD audio driver has been enabled but has not been started` what the?....I have done a google search and found loads of ppl having the same problem, but the solution is way too complicated for me....anyone know of an easy solution......help....Marianne

sorry one more thing ..... I have the Realtek HD audio manager in my task bar and it makes sound, so I just can`t understand it all.....do I go out and buy a sound card to replace the onboard sound....will this fix the problem.....Marianne :0)

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    I would start by going to realtek and downloading the newest driver and installing it first.

I have done that, it says your driver has been enabled but has not been started...so blowed if I know....thanks for trying....Marianne

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    the Realtek audio drivers can be customized by the PC manufacturer. What is the maker of your PC?
    I suggest that you go to their web site (Dell, HP, etc) and look for the audio drivers using your PC model number.
    If your PC is not a brand name, then go to the manufacturer of the motherboard (Asus, PC Chips, G-byte, etc). They will have the drivers for the sound.