Thread: Your browser does not support frames

Your browser does not support frames

I see the subject sentence frequently when I browse Google listings. I have the latest V. of MSIE 6.0 (i.e. SP1). I run XP.

Is there a site (I searched without much luck, including Microsoft) that will tell me all about getting my browser to support frames (a site that is not specific to some internet company!!)?

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW SPECIFICALLY WHAT ITEMS SHOULD BE CHECKED OR UNCHECKED IN MSIE SO FRAMES WILL BE SUPPORTED.

And finally, does it matter much whether my browser supports frames or not? I'm just a home user of my computer. I use it mostly to get information from internet sites (and pretty much I find the information I want) and for 4 or 5 non-site-involved purposes.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Normally the reason a site states "Your browser does not support frames" is because they have not tested the version of IE you are using on their site.

From M$ kb article Q301455 here

"This issue can occur if the Web site blocks beta versions of Internet Explorer, later versions of Internet Explorer that have not been tested with the Web site, or earlier versions of Internet Explorer that have known issues with using the Web site."

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar

Re: Your browser does not support frames

Originally posted by wumply
    I see the subject sentence frequently when I browse Google listings.
    i see this too and it is related to how google searches

try this site
    http://guru3d.com/guide/detonator-explanation/

unrelated but i belive it uses frames
    ------------------------------------------------------------