Thread: Book Review

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Thumbs up Book Review

LOS ANGELES -The 2008 Hollywood Book Festival will be held on Saturday, July 12 at The Grove at Farmers Market, one of the leading entertainment, shopping and dining destinations in the heart of Hollywood.

Presented in conjunction with Barnes & Noble Booksellers, the Hollywood Book Festival honors books that that deserve greater recognition from the film, television, game and multimedia communities. Over 30,000 attendees are expected at the day festival to enjoy author readings, book vendors, publishing panels, celebrity signings, clowns, live music and the ambiance of the Grove's town center.

Based in the capital of show business, the Hollywood Book Festival aims to (1) spotlight literature worthy of further consideration by the talent-hungry pipeline of the entertainment industry; and (2) facilitate getting those works into the proper hands for consideration.

update.....Hollywood California....As those of you who read my post about a book that I have been working on for over a year titled, Legends of a King, The Awakening by my pen name Damian StClair which I posted in the wrong place....lol....a month or so ago. Well the publisher that did my first book suggested that I send it out to Hollywood for a book festival that looks for writers for the Movie, TV and multimedia industry which obviously gets attention for writers. I sent it out there a month and a half ago with the idea that nothing ventured nothing gained thingy....because I knew that I would be competing against hundreds if not thousands of writers looking to make their mark in the industry and much to my surprise I got this email today from the festival and low and behold there I was.....whooty whooo...lol.

UNPUBLISHED:

WINNER: The Willow Falls Christmas Train – William Trombello

HONORABLE MENTION:

Legends of a King – Damian St. Clair

The Pink Dolphin – Laura Ambler and Mary Duncan

I am not quite sure what this can do for a writer that is looking for publication for his work but I am sure that it can not hurt......
    Last edited by PIPER; July 15th, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Congrats, and what is with that pen name?

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Well done Mr. St Clair.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    *clapping*

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Well Done!

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Congrats. It must be rewarding to be recognized for your hard work. Keep it up.
    I had a brief delirium to write a book about 15 years ago, but I found out I had absolutely no imagination to write something original when I tried it, so I know it requires patience, creativity and hard work.
    BTW, sometimes I still wonder if I should write a book (for about 10 minutes, until my concience tells me otherwise) since I have so many weird dreams.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    Nice...way to go piper.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    Well Done!
    Up for air! Finally.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25 View Post
    Congrats. It must be rewarding to be recognized for your hard work. Keep it up.
    I had a brief delirium to write a book about 15 years ago, but I found out I had absolutely no imagination to write something original when I tried it, so I know it requires patience, creativity and hard work.
    BTW, sometimes I still wonder if I should write a book (for about 10 minutes, until my concience tells me otherwise) since I have so many weird dreams.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.....if one never tries, one never knows...

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Congrats!