Thread: Vista and Microsoft

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Vista and Microsoft

Had an interesting issue with an XP/Vista Dual boot. After using Vista mostly since it came out I decided to visit XP...lmao...that's all it was, just a visit..damn thing would not work..anyhoo, I decided to download Vista SP1 because Far Cry 2 required it...(nightmare begins). After the download I went to install it...guess what?...lol..no go. Tried it three different times. So i go to Microsofts website and got involved with a live chat with one of their techs...guess where...lol...anyhow, he wants to troubleshoot the system on his end...i agree..we log into their remote access thingy and I sit here watching him move about...goes first to cmd...does a SFC /scannow and comes back with some sort of corruption...i didn't see it so it must be something they can access on there end....says an error code came up...now he wants to reinstall...dirty install...no repair option that I can find in Vista...he is moving about as he tells me that sound and video needs to be turned off before he starts...well...lmao..i watch him go into device manager and as his pointer moves toward disable I didn't have time enough to tell him...whoa dude...lol....screen goes black....end of session.. duh...bottom line is I just formatted the drive and wiped everything and went back to XP. Someone calls me the next day to follow up and I burned his ears a bit and told him Vista went to the trash can...he offered to give me my money back but I said no...perhaps you would consider swapping my Utimate for a version that has the service pack already in the cd....lol again. Last time I heard from them.....
    Last edited by PIPER; October 27th, 2008 at 08:42 AM.