Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COD World at War

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Exclamation COD World at War

For you call of duty fans....this game is awesome!!!!..great graphics and game play...especially if your a fan of frying the enemy with a flame thrower.....they scream as you burn them....on a side note: talk about brutality when at war...nothing worse than napalm bombs or the flame thrower..first time I did this sent chills up my back and caused flash backs...I almost stopped right there.

One of the levels starts out with you following this Russian dood...then he yells sniper, get into this building quick....now I enjoy a snipe hunt but this one was a bitch...especially if your playing at one of the two hardest levels. As soon as he moves into a window, if your exposed, your dead...not enough time to lock on him much less get the kill shot....if you do hit him the Russian hollers "you just knicked him"...lmao. I had a hell of a time killing him...pissed me off actually.

Some of this missions are so intense with the graphics and game play....damn....it is by far the best COD yet...a must have for you FPS fans.
    Last edited by PIPER; November 20th, 2008 at 09:52 AM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Can you send me a new computer so that I can play this Piper?

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Haha, I just got back from ebgames with this game (plus Blazing Angels )

I've had terrible luck so far, lol, bought new vid card, but took my time installing it, then took day or so to d/l the COD5 beta... finally installed it.. only to find the beta servers offline!!

Hence EB delivery

Where's the new COD5 CLAN thread =P

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    ya this is a fun exciting visualy enhanced game...

I have a quad core XP with an 8800gt and and I tell ya I love the new graphic games...

For those with p4 systems and directx8 cards its time to upgrade.
    Check out these drool videos
    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42...rst-Two-Levels
    ------------------------------------------------------------

For the record....my system is about two years old.

Amd athlon 64 X2 4400<<<<nothing spectacular
    Geforce 7600gt OC 256<<<<again nothing spectacular......DX9
    2 gigs of RAM....this is ok.

But I do have the physx processor<<<<< me thinks this is the key here.

Once in awhile I will get a hang up if there is too much activity on the screen.....but this only happened about 4 times during the game, rest of the time is ran fine.....at 1024 x 768....finished it yesterday morning....about 40 hrs of game play at the next to toughest level.....once Tom Clancy's end war makes it to the PC I will probably be out of luck....but I still have the PS3...but the quality of the graphics are not as good....but no more PC builds...I have spent enough money chasing my thrill of victory....lol...but the game is great...tried the multiplayer thingy yesterday and all of the servers listed were free for alls....and much to my surprise, not too many players there...but they were all chatting during the game....all but me...and there are already cheaters out there....this makes for less than honorable scores...jmho

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I just dunno if my system can handle it. Might be too much heat.

Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    Can you send me a new computer so that I can play this Piper?
    if I had a spare one buddy....it would be yours.

haha, definitely awesome game... lol, canceled 2 dates to rush home to play it! Totally worth it IMHO, finished it within 5-6 hours, had to stop cos the Flame Thrower was too realistic with their screaming.... and quotes from SavingPrivateRyan with "Let them Burn save your ammo!!" WTF?

Its an adrenaline rush, and the shooting doesn't stop until you raise the Flag! Banzai Fighters were my bane.

I'm looking at the MOD tools now, see if I can put something together

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    soon as I finish Farcry 2 gonna work on Cod next. I'm with you Rik my desktop cant handle it. Had to install it on my Dell laptop (E6400).

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    haha, definitely awesome game... lol, canceled 2 dates to rush home to play it! Totally worth it IMHO, finished it within 5-6 hours, had to stop cos the Flame Thrower was too realistic with their screaming.... and quotes from SavingPrivateRyan with "Let them Burn save your ammo!!" WTF?

Its an adrenaline rush, and the shooting doesn't stop until you raise the Flag! Banzai Fighters were my bane.

I'm looking at the MOD tools now, see if I can put something together
    5 to 6 hours?.....you must have played the easiest level....try the hardest levels. And do try multiplayer....it's a rush....all of the servers are free for all.
    Last edited by PIPER; November 24th, 2008 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PIPER View Post
    5 to 6 hours?.....you must have played the easiest level....try the hardest levels. And do try multiplayer....it's a rush....all of the servers are free for all.
    Haha, yeah, was on easiest Even struggled on that... dang, might have to go back to the Arcade to play VirtuaCop...lol.

Have you found all the gun-special-cards? The maps are just way too big...lol.

Will def try MP soon, but i like tdm rather than ffa (else i'd just play quake) It's about the strategy and team work, perhaps class restrictions would be good...

How does FarCry2 look compared to it?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Haha, yeah, was on easiest Even struggled on that... dang, might have to go back to the Arcade to play VirtuaCop...lol.

Have you found all the gun-special-cards? The maps are just way too big...lol.

Will def try MP soon, but i like tdm rather than ffa (else i'd just play quake) It's about the strategy and team work, perhaps class restrictions would be good...

How does FarCry2 look compared to it?
    Found one card....lol
    I agree with team death match....but no servers yet that I have seen. Now the co-op play may be different...not sure.
    FarCry2....close second I would say...very close.

duh.....found the multiplayer teamdeath match, and one called war which is like capture the flag.........

Quote Originally Posted by PIPER View Post
    duh.....found the multiplayer teamdeath match, and one called war which is like capture the flag.........
    That's good, i'll keep an eye for them...

Also, do you know anywhere that has JPGs of the SP maps?

I haven't started on MP yet, how competitive is it if you're rank1 vs higher etc?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

That's good, i'll keep an eye for them...

Also, do you know anywhere that has JPGs of the SP maps?

I haven't started on MP yet, how competitive is it if you're rank1 vs higher etc?
    Competition....little tougher on the newbies if you will when first going in because of the perks u get as you advance....there are some servers that repeat the same map just for building your ranking....a rush it can be

haven't seen any jpegs of maps but if they are available to view i would think this place would have them if anyone does.

http://www.callofduty.com/CoDWW