Thread: ocing a bios

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

ocing a bios

okay i know his must been asked a billion and 1 times but i got ray adams bios editor thiers no asus bios for my card (go figure) the closest is a geforce 4 mx ddr 8X mine is a Asus geforce 4 Ti 4600 Ultra Delue (just big coper heatsink rather then the one o nthe asus website) thiers a referance rom but i dont wanna flash it and mess it cost me a good $657, also i have a friend who has a GForce 3 ti 200 if he enables amd sideband adressing and agp fast writes he cant clock his card much higher then stock, his is made by hercules, now im just wondering if my card would have the same prob, i have mine clocked at 310/666 i have a 1 pound totaly copper heatsink with a fan right over the GPU and the all the mem on front and back, how much higher do you think i can go safely?

lol :msndevil:

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    This is strange cuz I was just there today getting an up to date Ti 4600 bios....

Don't worry about getting a new bios just edit yours to your present clock speed & if you have problems turn it down with the clock utility you already have or re-edit.

I wouldn't enable FastWrites or SBA cuz they don't mount to a hill of beans and in most cases cause problems.

How high can you go ?? only you can know cuz all systems are different. you need to test.

In reality it's not worth OC'n unless your playing a game that needs it for the extra eye candy , won't make ya surf faster...hehe

Keep using your clock utility & only OC for the game...your own words "don't wanna flash it and mess it cost me a good $657"

current bios?

were can ya find your current bios? lol im a noob to this bios thing for vid cards i saw the one o ntheir site x-bios but thiers nothing for my asus card, they have nvidia referance bios's,

You go to Ray Adams & read the FQA on his editor , you extract your bios out of mem from your card then you edit it & reflash. You need to make a boot able floppy and add some other files that are at Rays to do this.

I haven't flashed mine cuz I decided I didn't want my card CO'ed all the time.

Just remember that $657

hehe ill try it

maybe, well it works maybe iwont tamper with it haha,

Yah u better listen to him Shadow..............after all he is money hungry

Originally posted by wickedmaiden4u
    Yah u better listen to him Shadow..............after all he is money hungry
    Ha...you better change that Avatar cuz I'm starting to forget about Money just need enough for a box of Chocolate Cherries...lol , what are you doing up this late ?

Ooop's back to topic....

If you flash make sure it takes & keep flashing till it does don't turn off comp.

Speaking of flashing....WM4U where are ya :bat:

Speaking of flashing....WM4U where are ya
    I'm right here Fastgame.....................where r u?
    I invited everyone to a b-day party and noone is showing up

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I'm also afraid of flashing my Video Card's Bios unlike my motherboard since it's so easy I can do it within Windows.