Thread: MSN Messenger Hijack

Angry MSN Messenger Hijack

My messenger being logged out and people on my contact list are sent messages that I didn't send. It tells me I have logged into another computer. I've run AdAware, SbyBot SandD, Spyware Terminator Etc. Etc.

I ran HijackThis and saved a log file but don't know what to look for. The log file is here if someone can help!

Thanks, Tawny

MSN Messenger Hijack

The log file was too big to show on here and I don't think the attachment worked. If someone knows how I can show the logfile here please let me know.

Thanks, Tawny

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Very doubtful it will be adware or spyware, just sounds to me like someone knows your msn login password.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hijacker

I have 3 email accounts on msn and my password is the same for all. The only messenger that seems to have a problem is one of them. I'll try changing my password and if that doesn't work I'll have to try something else. My friends keep getting messages from me that I don't send and one of them told me I had a virus that was being passed around. Dunno...

Thanks, Tawn

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    there is a virus hitting some on msn. if you are infected then you will send out a link to all your msn contacts usually once or twice a day. I don't know the cure but I believe if you install the latest msn version that it will fix the problem and you will no longer be infected. remember never click on a link from msn unless you ask the sender what it is and they reply that it is safe.

let us know how you do
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same problem, and I think prompted by my use of MSN Messenger on a Mac, as I rarely use a PC to log in there
    And the messages have continued to be sent, I gather, even tho I haven't logged into Messenger at all anywhere for several days now
    Anyone got any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Change passwords on your MSN accounts and install virus protection. Symantecs virus scan for MAC seems to do a good job. Of Course, since there are very few MAC virii... how can you tell if it's working?

Anyway, if your account/s have been compromised you don't need to log in. "THEY" take care of that for you...