Thread: Games for Windows Live users BEWARE!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Exclamation Games for Windows Live users BEWARE!!!!!

I am pretty pissed, and disappointed, and simply outraged.
    And it is not easy to get me this way, except when someone messes up with my passion (VIDEO GAMES)
    Anyhow, I bought Batman: Arkam Asylum 2 weekends ago during a sale that GFWL had. Except, I haven't been able to install the game since.
    I use a 30 GB SSD hard drive, and I try to install as much as I can on my H drive, which is a 1.5 TB drive instead. Even thought I changed all the folder location, and game installation folders for GFWL, Batman will install only on the C drive. I called tech support, and they told me there is no way around it.
    So, this weekend I got Batman of the Steam store (they were running another sale) and it works, from my H drive.
    So, as you can see, it is not a problem with the game, but with the distribution service. I never liked Steam, since I don't like to have to have Internet to install my games (and the fact that they will download regardless if I have the DVD), but now I like GFWL even less.
    When a company starts telling you where you cannot install the game, I find it pretty upsetting. MS Live response to my problem buy a bigger hard drive.
    I have been trying to see if I can use Junction points instead (they work like soft links in Linux), but now the game won't finish downloading (and it download in the H drive, so I don't know what is confused about).
    In short, it sucks when they make poor software. It does not help either that game developers prefer to develop for consoles. I am a pure PC gamers, so this sucks big time for me.
    BTW, have you ever wondered why there is usually a 10$ difference in price from the PC version to the console version? The reason for that is that 7% of the 60 price is license fee for the console maker (Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo). And people still pay 300 for a PS3? They should cost a lot less. A game outside USA can cost as much as 120$ (FFXIII PAL VERSION for example).
    enough rant. If someone has a suggestion for the GFWL problem I would be happy to try it.
    My current solution: I will not buy anymore games from there
    BTW, tinker installed fine in the H drive

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Well it sounds like you had a pretty crappy experience.. will they not refund your money and cancel the game from your hard drive and make your serial number null and void?