Thread: Ubuntu Flash Performance

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Ubuntu Flash Performance

Anyone know anything about tweaking Ubuntu to get better Flash performance like in Youtube videos or CNN, or even mafia wars on facebook? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    BB, I haven't tweaked flash in Ubuntu, but I can tell you this
    I have 2 MSI wind PC with the same Intel Atom procesor, but one has linux u 9.10 then other Win 7.
    The Linux actually runs more smooth the flash videos from Hulu than the Win7. In Win 7 I don't even try because it is SLOOWWW and audio and video are out of sync.
    The flash version that I have installed is 10.0.45.2, which is the current, and the browser is Firefox.
    However, the trend that I have seen is that the videos are getting more quality and are heavier. If you have an nvidia video card with cuda, then flash 10 suppors decoding in the Cuda core, which is much faster than the CPU

I don't have any trouble with flash videos, probably because I have all of the eye candy turned off.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Flash is very CPU intensive, so it will depend on the CPU used. And it seems to be bound to Mhz as well.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I think I need a PC update. After I fix my corvette, I'm planning up getting updated with some new PC tech! I want to drop some serious money and get good stuff to make sure it lasts another 5-8 years.