Thread: Facebook to simplify privacy settings Wednesday

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Facebook to simplify privacy settings Wednesday

One day after Facebook's CEO admitted that the company had made mistakes with users' privacy, the social networking site confirmed it will roll out new, simplified privacy controls on Wednesday.

Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes said today that the new privacy tools are designed to make it easier for users to specify who can see their information, as well as whether Facebook can share the information with other Web sites.

Noyes wouldn't give any specifics on the tools being unveiled.

In a column published Monday in the Washington Post, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the company has made mistakes in its continuing push to further enable social connections, and that Facebook hoped to soon introduce new, easier-to-use privacy settings to help users make sure their personal information isn't shared with third-party Web sites.

Full story: Computerworld

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend View Post
    One day after Facebook's CEO admitted that the company had made mistakes with users' privacy, the social networking site confirmed it will roll out new, simplified privacy controls on Wednesday.

Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes said today that the new privacy tools are designed to make it easier for users to specify who can see their information, as well as whether Facebook can share the information with other Web sites.

Noyes wouldn't give any specifics on the tools being unveiled.

In a column published Monday in the Washington Post, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the company has made mistakes in its continuing push to further enable social connections, and that Facebook hoped to soon introduce new, easier-to-use privacy settings to help users make sure their personal information isn't shared with third-party Web sites.

Full story: Computerworld
    Good to see they are taking privacy seriously.. but I don't really give a rats ass if they change it or not.. privacy is not a big concern for me.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    not of concern to you just yet, but you haven't had your identity stolen and bank accounts cleaned out!

it's just sad that for a friendly social network, there are retards who try to hurt/stalk/kill other people... i guess we are niave to think Digital Worlds would be different to real worlds.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site View Post
    not of concern to you just yet, but you haven't had your identity stolen and bank accounts cleaned out!

it's just sad that for a friendly social network, there are retards who try to hurt/stalk/kill other people... i guess we are niave to think Digital Worlds would be different to real worlds.

Now my bank account is a different story. As for facebook I don't want to be stalked, hunted or killed by using it. That'd be awful.