Thread: Google Maps sued for issuing wrong directions

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Google Maps sued for issuing wrong directions

A woman in the US is suing Google because its Maps service gave her the wrong walking directions.

Lauren Rosenberg claims the directions caused her to get run over because they led her onto a busy highway.

The case, filed in the US District Court’s Central Division in Utah, will decide whether Google can be considered liable for the directions its mapping service gives users. Rosenberg is demanding $100,000 from the company.

Rosenberg is also taking legal action against Patrick Harwood, the man who hit her.

The walking directions Rosenberg searched for on her Blackberry were from a 96 Daly Street, Park City, Utah to a 1710 Prospector Avenue, Park City, Utah.

Google clearly says on the route description that the "walking directions are in beta".

"use caution – This route may be missing sidewalks or pedestrian paths," Google warns users.

Google added walking directions to its mapping services in July 2008, and also warned users then the product was still in development and should not be trusted fully.

Full story: V3.co.uk

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    WhaddafreakinIDIOT!

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    that is wrong with US judicial system. People can sue for their own stupidity. no wonder lawyers cost so much money.
    Like suing for the Coffee that burn me, when I order a hot coffee.
    As I always say
    "Common sense is not so common, and it is falling into a rare commodity now a days"

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I wonder if there'll be a class action, from all the wrong directions googlemaps has given and the ensuing argument between husband/wife!!! haha

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---