Thread: i have a windows xp prob

i have a windows xp prob

every time i boot up i get this image....

http://members.cox.net/kpurcel2/trojan.jpg

i have tried deleting all the temp files and virus scan...which norton seems to have kept me from running the virus.

the virus stems from a program called "html package" which i believe was installed with a windows update...so i tried uninstalling all the windows updates....but that also didn't work... i am at a loss for words...... can someone help me?
    Last edited by Reverend; April 23rd, 2002 at 23:12 PM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Hey EcPercy, I was just wondering where you've been hiding. Well aside from using another anti-virus program or web-based virus killer like Housecall, it looks like a reformat to me. Try other programs first if they might solve your problem.

i am busy bro i start school tomorrow... gonna go ahead and get me a degree...

went to safe mode and ran nav and a trojan remover and all my troubles are gone!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    What degree are you seeking Ecpercy?

Sorry about the trojan... too many downloads eh LOL
    BB

when i am done i will have an Associates Degree in Applied COmputer Sciences my major is Networking

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by EcPercy
    when i am done i will have an Associates Degree in Applied COmputer Sciences my major is Networking
    Major in Warez Networking? He-he, cool man good luck with school!

hehe nice one!

hehe nice one!
    Off-topic..

Man i remember you had some pretty nice XP Theme skills.. why aren't you making anymore?? Would love to see more of those from u
    also good luck with school

well don't worry.... i might have something cooking.... i was going to do one with the freaky blue mushroom from www.digitalblasphemy.com , but i was asking opinions about it and someone saw my idea and made like 3 themes with that background...so i put the brakes on that project...

lately i have been busy!!! but i dunno if i can compete with some of the new themes that are out... the x-box theme is a very nice example of good art!

i didn't get a good response on my other theme besides those from members of peppys.... so iw asn't really sure if the theme was any good....

anyways thanks! i will need all the luck i can get at this school...!

well don't worry.... i might have something cooking.... i was going to do one with the freaky blue mushroom from www.digitalblasphemy.com , but i was asking opinions about it and someone saw my idea and made like 3 themes with that background...so i put the brakes on that project...

lately i have been busy!!! but i dunno if i can compete with some of the new themes that are out... the x-box theme is a very nice example of good art!

i didn't get a good response on my other theme besides those from members of peppys.... so iw asn't really sure if the theme was any good....

anyways thanks! i will need all the luck i can get at this school...!
    I liked your theme a bunch man.. it looked damn kool
    but i cant find it anymore

look here

http://216.32.208.116/view_info.php?id=761
    thanks

percy, remove your startup items one by one until it doesnt come up again, then find the program that is causing it and uninstall it. its probably something like gator that pops up ads once in a while.