Thread: xp partitions

xp partitions

I acquired a Gateway mx6440 laptop which has two partitions in xp home. The C drive partition is small 6.83gb and the d drive partition is 86.3gb. two questions. 1. how can I get rid of any partition. 2 If cannot get rid of C partition, how can increase its size OR make the D drive the only drive which accepts downloads.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Try the Disk Management.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Thanks Reverend for the possible try. It told me that the C partition with the operating files could not be removed. But sure removed the other partition. But the C partition is the problem. I guess I may just entirely clean the computer and start over.

finally fixed the small partition of the C drive. Loaded an xp cd which asked me if I wanted to partition. so I checked no. After some days I used the reinstall disc which came with the Gateway MX6440 and by golly it left the C drive not partitioned. so all is now good with only a C drive. Thanks to all. Now on to other things.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I would have thought the small partition would be the recovery image... oh well.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---