Thread: Stop Avira from starting

Silver Member

Stop Avira from starting

I was using MSE as my anti-virus but recently purchased and installed Avira Internet Security 2012 because it was ranked very high by av-comparatives.org I would like to do some download comparisons with each AV running by themselves. I can do the tests with Avira running alone but not with MSE running alone. If I go into MSCONFIG/STARTUP and remove the check mark beside Avira, and put a checkmark beside MSE, I get a popup message that a program is trying to access the registry etc. if I close out and reboot, Avira starts up anyway. Is there an EASY way to stop Avira from starting, so I can run some tests ?? Thanks, Mike

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Have you looked in the options or preferences of the program. There is usually an option to disable from startup.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Silver Member
    Hi Reverend. I Googled what I wanted to do, and it gave me a few instructions. I was able to STOP Avira from loading and MSE did load. However when I went to the download site, I got a popup from Avira asking if it was OK to connect etc. So i guess Avira was npt completely stopped. I will keep looking. Thanks, Mike