Thread: Can't open attachments in outlook 2003

Silver Member

Can't open attachments in outlook 2003

My friend just email me that she removed Chrome from her computer, (she was no using it, her daughter was).
    Anyway, now when she tries to open an attachment in Outlook 2007 she gets this message "OPERATION CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. CONTACT YOUR ADMINISTRATOR". Not sure if removing Chrome caused this problem (I doubt it). But now she can't open attachments. This is her computer, not anyone elses. Any suggestions ?? Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by mike13; May 14th, 2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Title should read Outlook 2007, not 2003

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    it could be that Chrome was set as the default file manager for the files.
    I would suggest to concentrate in 1 file type first, for example PDF, and see if they open from Outlook, then see if they open from the Windows Explorer. (or go directly to file extensions and see what PDF is configured to open with)
    Then you can start re-building the file permissions

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Silver Member
    Thanks Dehcbad25 and Reverend for the replies. I sent her that microsoft link that did the Fix automatically for you. To my surprise it worked. Things usually are NOT that simple. I thought for sure I was going to be making a house call, but no need now.
    Many thanks, Mike