Thread: Graphics problem

Question Graphics problem

Hey everyone, just wondering if somebody could help me with a graphics problem.

I got a demo disc (FIFA 2003 Football) and I've instaled it successfully but when I try to play the game it comes p with the message 'FIFA 2003 needs hardware graphics acceleration'.

What do I do now?

Any help much appreciated!!

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    first off we need some system info...in particular what kinda GPU(video card) do you use and what driver is installed. get back to us so we can assist you

System requirements for FIFA 2003 are:

Minimum requirements:
    1. Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98 (Windows NT and Windows 95 are not supported)
    2. 350 MHz Intel Pentium II processor
    3. 64 MB RAM (128 MB required for Windows XP)
    4. 4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
    5. 450 MB free hard disk space plus space for saved games (additional space required for Windows swap-file and DirectX 8.1 installation)
    6. 16 MB Direct3D capable video card using the NVIDIA GeForce4, NVIDIA GeForce3, NVIDIA GeForce2, NVIDIA GeForce 256, NVIDIA Riva TNT2, NVIDIA Riva TNT, NVIDIA Quadro, 3dfx Voodoo5, 3dfx Voodoo 4, ATI Radeon 8500, ATI Radeon 7500, ATI Radeon 7200, ATI Radeon VE, ATI Radeon, Matrox Parhelia, Matrox MGA-G550, Matrox MGA-G450, Matrox MGA-G400, SIS Xabre, or Intel i810 chipset with DirectX 8.1 compatible driver
    7. DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
    8. Keyboard
    9. Mouse

If your system does not meet the minimum requirements of this game, you will not be able to successfully play it

FIFA 2003 Homepage:
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Question Don't know to be honest

The computer that I am using isn't mine so I don't realy know much about it.

I have since instaled the game on my brothers computer and it worked fine. I'm guessing his computer is better equipt.

Thanx for your input though.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    blade glad it worked on the other pc come back to visit....and don't be a stranger

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    To find out some of that information, simply right click on the mY computer Icon on the desktop and select properties. That will tell you your OS Operating System (windows 98,95,me,2000, or XP), your RAM (random Access Memory), and your Processor (CPU, usually Pentium, Celeron, AMD Atlon or Duron) etc..

To find out your Video card info, (graphics Processor type) right click the desktop, again select properties, then click the display tab, the click advanced. There you will most likely see a tab called ADAPTER. That will identify your Video card.

Hope that helps you in the future. Glad to see you got it working. and Welcome to Techzonez.
    BB