Thread: In need of community calendar software.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In need of community calendar software.

I'm usually pretty good at Googling and Binging but I've found a search that is requiring some assistance.
    My community web site is in need of an events calendar. I have searched and found plenty of software, both free and paid and have some cash set aside to buy good software but the calendars I'm finding don't have all of the features I need. It's really only two features but they never seem to meet.
    • The calendar should have an embedded mini calendar or widget of upcoming events for quick viewing by site visitors.

• I need to be able to let community members add their own events.

If any of you know of any software for a versatile web site calendar, I'd be grateful.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

I found all those in said searches. In fact I still have a account with Localendar.

I am currently experimenting with Web Calendar Pad but it doesn't combine the two features I mentioned in my OP. They have a great widget for the upcoming events to be displayed well on our front page but they don't allow visitors to add or edit new events. Those two features are my ideal criteria for a calendar. Also, I keep getting popups for various media players and browser hijackers that probably go away once I purchase the software, but it is an item of concern. I am a Google type of guy but using their calendar for my web site would require my often skeptical/paranoid visitors to be Google people before they edit the calendar. Could be a deal breaker for many.

I'm trying here to make sure that I don't miss any clever software from anyone that's too small to be on top of my searches.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hmm. This looks interesting. Should be able to spend some time looking into their other stuff too.

Have a look a Trumba, as well. Not free, but has a good feature set.