Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Techzonez History/Background + Future

Erm ... so...when is the TZ birthday party ?

I'll bring the party pies'

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

And as you have all (obviously) been watching the other threads, I'll bring the good beer. As a relative newbee it's good to see the etymology of what is extant now. It's also enlightening to see that folk with an in-depth knowledge of OSes in general still have problems. And that the community will work together to sort them out.

iīm freshman here but itīs already feeling okay to be part of the community. Very nice threads in here and good info - liked especially the internet slang abreviations. Thatīs truely useful!

Cheers.
    "The most important experiences we can have are those that take us to the very limit. That is the only way we learn because it requires all our courage."
    http://www.warriorofthelight.com
    Brazilian writer Paulo Coelho

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    aruna stick around and you'll be a perm. fixture in no time. go to the introduce yourself thread and jot a few lines about yourself.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar
    what bout me, lol i been here for years lol and iv cuased mmore havoc here then warp2search which was the first forum i ever joined then i beleave Conan and rev migrated me from that german web site to this,a and the rest is history, everyone here has seen the rise of a godly rig and the destruction and chaos i caused while building such a beast then it crashed and burned and from the alumuim ashes came my current rig which caught fire and still stands today nothing damaeged and now thier going to see the rise of my latest project my AMD 64 system and down the road a duel core amd 64, it never ends and son ill have enough power to join in on thier cod server and hopefully be host to a server,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

WTF did he say?

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik

WTF did he say?

Nothing of importance.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Couple of significant dates approaching,(and one already passed),so thought i'd bump our Board History:

22/03/2002 - opened Reverend's Forums (ikonboard software)

03/04/2002 - closed Reverend's Forums and re-opened as "Reverend's XP Forums" (new database & vbulletin software)

26/04/2002 - renamed Reverend's XP Forums to "Techzonez"

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    You've done well in a short time. The number of consistantly active members seems fairly small but the number of lurkers is amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by rik
    The number of lurkers is amazing!!
    Includes some I could mention...

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    so I thinking some of the new more active members should post how they found techzonez and why you keep comin back.

I keep coming back because there is interesting information combined with useful information. For the most part I try to be quiet efficient in my choice of friends and most things that I do in my life. It is kinda like being able to get fast "restraunt quality" food....hope this does not upset Reverand, his site being compared to restraunt food. Also if I have major hardware problems I can ask for help from evidentaly "the pros". Another reason is as I read, I learn, this is beneficial for me, less to ask and I feel safer dealing with my computer. It pretty much goes like this, as Microsoft wants to control more of my computer the more intelligent I have to get to deal with that current situation, just to understand what is legally expected of me, etc. I mean most people are not aware of the current technological laws and how they might affect them, here is a great place to find out.
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....
    Blondie

I keep coming back to beat up on the rest of the vets.

love, piaqt

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by piaqt
    I keep coming back to beat up on the rest of the vets.
    Hurt me baby!

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Well, it's obvious why I come back here time and time again.......

Morgantown PA is COWTOWN USA! There are no computer experts here!!!!! Just Amish buggies, horses and those fragrant piles they leave behind!

The wisdom and knowledge here is beyond any community I've been a part of. From the Know it all to newbie, they send us all in the right direction. I've had great fun here and laughed my a$$ off!

Obviously, after my shortlived panic over an email problem and not being able to log in, I NEEEEEED this place! I've been given my name back......and I'm doing the happy dance!

Techzonez Rocks!