Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Techzonez History/Background + Future

Techzonez History/Background + Future

Hey -

I think that the admin/owners of this site should post the history of techzonez, the highs and the lows, when it was formed, etc etc. Also the owners can say how old they are and what they do for a living....and if anyone wants to join in, you can all post how you found Techzonez!

Gimie Gimie Gimie told me about Techzonez, I know him well in real life and hes a cool guy, always solves my problems....

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well here are the cliffnotes...about 8-10 of us started at a XP forum called peppy's beta forum, and learned xp together. Then peps went down and people migrated to MSFN and Xp-erience.org...then rev started a little board called reverends forum I think. that was a Ikron board then went to vbulletin. had a different host from a member Richard and that was having problems and some dumb ass hacked in and lost alot of stuff. now recently rev changed hosts and everything is doing very well. some of the old members are Rev, Conan, BigBooger, Blackwar, ETC, xperties, tinker, egghead, gimmie, msnwar off the top of my head...if anyone was left out or anyone can think of the others feel free to post...or add anything. and where is gimmie anyways did he sort out his troubles yet? and tell him I said hi

whoops and zero, ecpercy, nikto, akafree, fastgame.
    Last edited by phishhead; December 4th, 2002 at 20:50 PM.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Some of us were members at PeppyBeta forums,but they went down just after christmas last year.So we all went off in search of alternative forums to join.
    Myself and a few of the others subsequently joined MSFN.But unfortunately they too went offline,around February time this year,(although they are now back,and have been for several months.I still post there as often as i can.)

So again we were without a meeting place,so i decided to start a small board using Ikonboard software hosted on Netfirms.I named it "Reverend's Forums" (see attachment below).

As the forums started to grow in popularity i decided to find a paid host because of the bandwidth limitations enforced by the free Netfirms hosting.I found a good host,NETRG,who was owned by one of our members "Richard",and moved everything over to them.I was never a big fan of the Ikonboard software so i switched to vBulletin and also re-named the board "Reverend's XP Forums" which was officially opened on 3rd April 2002.

I was not too keen on the name "Reverend's XP Forums",mainly because i didn't want us to be just associated with XP,so after about a month and following several conversations with Big Booger on MSN,we eventually came up with a new name "Techzonez".

Our hosts,NETRG,unfortunately ceased trading in July/August so we transferred to our current hosts,KDA.

And that takes us up to the present day.

As for the future,well hopefully we will continue to grow,and always maintain the "Community" spirit that we have here.

I think that has covered everything.
    Last edited by Reverend; April 3rd, 2005 at 21:07 PM.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I remember posting a history of how Techzonez came about a while back, if only I could find that post again.

Ha, found it!

For those who do not know, let me provide some history as to how Techzonez came about.

Around Sept. 2001 I found this cool forum called Peppy's. It had a decently sized member base and that is where I found the following friends: Reverend, Big Booger, Blackwar, GimieGimieGimie, EcPercy, Robi-wan, Peppy, egghead, Phishead, Style, Xperties (yup on Peppy's then later on msfn) and others who have contributed greatly to my computer know-how. We had some great times on that forum and Windows XP was brand spanking new. But the forum went down a lot, for months at times so we searched for other forums that we could call home.

We found MSFN. I called in all the guys I bumped into to join MSFN so we could resume the interaction we once fondly had. That is where we met zErO, msnwar, akafree, FatherJack, Sedative, AaronXP, Piaqt and others. Then MSFN went down, we couldn't believe it! It was down for months!

So, Reverend decided to experiment on putting up a forum on a free Site called Netfirms. Of course bandwidth was really limited due to the "free" nature of the site. But this was where Reverend's vision was born! In the beginning we were using ikonboard 'cause that was the only board supported by netfirms. Then Rev decided it was time to shell out the money to start a "real" forum. He found NETRG and we moved over to vBullettin. It was first called "Reverend's XP Forums".

For fear of being labeled a Religious Cult Forum, Big Booger in collaboration with Rev thought about the future and the name "TECHZONEZ" was born! Then the rest of the story you are now a part of!
    Last edited by Conan; December 5th, 2002 at 01:07 AM.

All good stuff. All good people.

Most of my online activity is divided between the two forums for one prime reason. Good People! IMHO that is he key to the success of the community. Good People!

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    conan :

could you post the original thread?

i searched like crazy for that post and i couldnt locate

i went back to last year

nice find

cheers
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by egghead
    conan :

could you post the original thread?

i searched like crazy for that post and i couldnt locate

i went back to last year

nice find

cheers
    Here it is: http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...1242#post11242

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    You guys better be glad.. Reverend and I, came up with the name:

"BOOLEAN"

for the boards.... Just imagine that LOL
    BB

Originally posted by Big Booger
    You guys better be glad.. Reverend and I, came up with the name:

"BOOLEAN"

for the boards.... Just imagine that LOL
    BB

Boogs,you forgot "GEEKZONEZ".

yeah. these forums have grown a lot since they started out on netfirms. Great job guys!!
    -FrEE

Here's a list of the first 20 members to register

In Join date order:

Reverend
    GimieGimieGimie
    Mark
    ed209
    phishhead
    Conan
    EcPercy
    Blackwar
    Big Booger
    desakrator
    zErO
    Dehcbad25
    Nikto
    FthrJACK
    Drewdatrip
    MSNwar
    sedative
    aKaFrEE

Not right. Tris hacked his join date.

heh..i just barely made it in there . anyways, glad to be a part of this community.
    -FrEE

I decided to make this a sticky.

Server God Administrator Richard's Avatar
    I think it needs updating though,,, currently it says you're still with KDA