Thread: to unlock or not to unlock that is the Q

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

to unlock or not to unlock that is the Q

okay im goin to be Brave here Fellow Tkerz im going to attemtp to unlock my athalon XP proc if it works ill be here if it dont ill be gone for a few weeks, or till JAn 25 till iget paid again but none thelss im goin to attempt this, i have 2 tools at my dissposal one is a vid from 3dgame man showin how he did it step by step and the other is of course the unlocking kit, any suggestions as to what cooler i should use when i do this, or any more Advice before the Shadowarz becomes a Shadow once again =P

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    I have seen the kit's to do this to the XP Athlon's.Only $12 at highspeedpc.com.I just installed a 2100+ on my Abit board.I can see that it is speedier than the tbird 1.4ghz that it replaced but I like to tweak.So how hard was it to do?Looks pretty simple as long as you have a steady hand while applying the filler and grease.The 2100+ seemed to differ so I'll have to read up on this but let us know your results.Thanks.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Goodluck buddy
    dont know if I would be willing to risk it on my current cpu, maybe would do it on my backup but still its a big risk
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

well it worked

i unlocked my cpu, it looked messy like some coughed and shot all over it haha (TMI)= Too Much Information lol its done, and cleaned now i got the 1800 to 2 ghz stable running at 29 for cpu and 18 for the chasis,

Nice work...... Careful not to go to fast or you will miss the turn into Techzonez.........

Glad it is working for you shadow......

yeah now for my 2800+

how am i goin to do this one lol, i wonder 4 ghz? naw ill never miss the turn here ill make sure this is the first place it turns before it starts lol, now i gota find a guide for the 333 AMDz and if all goes well ill be gettin a Dual Clawhammer or Barton =) then i can secretly host a Dedicated Techzonez Game Server, and enable remote admin for the head honchos of this great place,

Re: yeah now for my 2800+

Originally posted by shadow_warez
    then i can secretly host a Dedicated Techzonez Game Server, and enable remote admin for the head honchos of this great place,
    This sounds interesting shadow_warez, I look forward to hearing more about this...keep us informed
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules