Thread: Change Drive Letter's

Change Drive Letter's

Well looks like I need more help, but at least I am learning a lot from this formum Got a new PC, running windows home xp, and using NTFS. The pc came with the CD given drive "D." I added my second harddrive, and the PC assigned "E" to it. If I go into computer management and change the harddrive to "D" and the CD to "E" will it cause any problems with the drive letters and files paths etc? thank very much for all your help

Allen

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well looks like its paying off because you did it correct...only thing I can see that might get messed up is if you have any prog that have INI's that point to a certain drive letter when it was installed...if that is the case you would just go to the correct INI and open it with notepad and change the drive letter to the new one.

allen6
    Defiantly the correct way to do it without causing any problems to your pc, should be fine as windows will adjust everything read from the corrected drive letters
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

It worked perfectly, I've said it before and I will say it again you guys are great! You've help me solve many problems, maybe when I get better at this I'll be able to help others to
    Thanks again
    Allen

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by allen6
    It worked perfectly, I've said it before and I will say it again you guys are great! You've help me solve many problems, maybe when I get better at this I'll be able to help others to
    Thanks again
    Allen
    Like most members here, you will get better and you'll soon be helping others out!