A couple of weeks ago (maybe longer - don't remember exactly) all of the shortcuts to browser windows (for example Google, CNN, USA Today, etc.) that I have on my desktop suddenly started opening in minimized windows. I have to click maximize to get the full screen.

I do not believe I did anything to cause this to change from how the windows were opening. A Friend just sent me an email and said they had downloaded a new version of Outlook Express and now their shortcut windows were opening minimized - they wanted to know if I had downloaded the new version of Outlook express and if I had the same problem.

I do not use Outlook Express - I use Outlook, but I do pretty much automatically apply any new software fixes that Microsoft has. My platform is Win 2000 pro and I have all of Microsoft's fixes and service packs applied.

I have tried to find a setting that would cause the short cut windows to open maximized, but have been unable to find any.

If I open a new browser window using "favorites" - the window opens full screen, but if I attempt to open the same browser window from a shortcut - it opens minimized.

If anyone knows how to get the short cut browser windows to open full screen, please let me know.

thanks

Tom