Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Run Kazaa through a Corporate or Government Proxy

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Run Kazaa through a Corporate or Government Proxy

I did it and it works flawlessly. Have a look at my guide and try it out for yourself. Any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to help you out.

The reason I compiled this guide was because I didn't see much information out there that was simple to use, had screenshots, and worked... This works, at least it does for me.

Sorry, but my site doesn't allow hotlinking of files. You can view it HERE however. It is listed under the GUIDES downloads.

Enjoy,
    BB

Near Life Experienced TZ Veteran zipp51's Avatar
    BB thanks,sounds good but I'm a bit confused.What is the benefit of running Kazaa through a gov't or corporate proxy?
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Thanks m8 can generally use all the help I can get! Links working!

What is the benefit of running Kazaa through a gov't or corporate proxy?
    The party at the other end will no longer be able to see your IP address. They will instead see the IP address of the proxy server.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

and many corp/gov firewalls block kazaa so you cannot download stuff at work

I recommend downloading in moderation at work, a file here, a file there, but not continuous file downloading as they will catch on quick.

The link works now. I just tried it. If any of you want this file, and cannot get it, please pm me or email and I will send it to you ASAP.

ima, I would send it to you but I don't know your email address.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    This is an excellent guide, can in very handy for Uni computers Free BroadBand

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

If you are a member of TZ, you can also download the guide Here

I should have posted the TZ link up a while ago. Sorry about that.

It works well, just remember, don't do Kazaa all day long on the corporate network, or you'll be certain to draw attention to yourself.

Does it work with kazza lite?
    Madamant

Sure does.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Just make sure that your I.T. Dept won't can your "ace" like mine would if they caught you...

Yeah,
    The funny thing is if you know you are on a LAN...

and let's say they've given you an IP of

Just use another number

Or something like that. I change my number everytime i come into work. They don't have a clue what is going on

Sometimes you'll find that someone else is using that number when you try to input it, just select another number.
    Simple as that.

It masks your real number. But make sure your computer name is not identifiable.. because they can track that too when you connect over the LAN.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Big Booger

But make sure your computer name is not identifiable.. because they can track that too when you connect over the LAN.
    What do you assign as your computer name?

I usually use Japanese names in Kanji so they would never suspect me of doing it. Like right now it is Shigenaka1

Tomorrow it might be Murakami2000 or something like that.. but not in roman characters

There is absolutely no way for them to know who is on the network at any time when you do this, because the IP and computer names are being changed all the time.

I also dual boot and have my "legal" dutied PC partition with the appropriate LAN settings and computer name. Whenever I use this service for any number of things, I use the other partition with the fake IP and computer name.

But this step is not really required. Any time you want to do legit work, just use your original IP and computer name.

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    What happens if your IT department check everyones instantaneous usage and finds an IP downloading at a few hundred MB/s for the last half hour? They then grab the offending IPs MAC address, cross-check that with their asset list and find that it's coming from the PC in BB's office

Then you might be screwed...lol

I doubt they'd do this cause, no offence BB, but they seem to be a bit slack over there I mean how many IT departments let you dual boot your PC...hehe...or is this little more of your devious trickery

In our deparment, every MAC address is tied to 1 IP, meaning there are no free IPs floating around for the likes of BB to use. If your MAC address isn't in the DHCP, you dont get no IP

Additionally, all user accounts are restricted preventing modification of network (and other) settings.

But I dont mind your dual-boot idea BB...seems a good way to keep out those prying eyes