Thread: XP and WinFax 10.02

XP and WinFax 10.02

I just upgraded from 98SE to XP Professional, and I have a big conflict using WinFax 10.02 - When I try to upgrade from 8.03 to 10.0 it says to remove current version, but control add/remove doesn't work and just flashes but doesn't remove it and I can't use WinFax with any of my programs....Word, Corel, etc. I am a novice at this so any help would be appreciated.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Did you install XP on top of 98 or did you format the drive then installed XP?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    When I cannot delete a program, I use this nice little handy program:
    ADD/REMOVE PLUS 2003

It will usually delete anything left over in the add/remove panel of the control panel..

Give it a shot.

Last thing, XP comes with a fax program, I will post the info as soon as I find it.
    BB
    Last edited by Big Booger; February 14th, 2003 at 06:19 AM.

I had Comp USA install it for me. I believe they installed it over 98SE. I then reinstalled WinFax, downloaded the upgrade to 10 and now I'm stuck.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q306550

Use that link for how to setup the fax service that comes with windows XP.

As for the removal of the program from the control panel, try my suggested fix in my previous post.

Good luck.
    BB

With all said and done, I had to delete the fax program from Microsoft in order to re-load WinFax 10.02. It seems that Micosoft puts a hold on any other fax program. Winfax is now running fine, but now none of the other programs acknowledge it so Word & Excel & Corel can't be sent to WinFax due to XP's setup. Now I have to find a way around that. Thanks for your help.

You should be able to just Print to the fax printer...and that will start the rest of it. Just select Print from the File menu and pick the Winfax printer that gets installed!

Thanks Ramchip, I reinstalled my Word last night and it now works. I wonder what else Microsoft has up its sleeve. I got my Corel working to, had to reinstall it also since the strangle hold by Microsoft, but all seems fine now.